WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

7 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Marvel's problem is they kill off their villains in every movie (other than Loki).   Kinda hard to establish a villain when they are one-and-done.   You won't see DC killing off the Joker for instance.

Red Skull and Crossbones as well. While DC probably won't kill off non-Nicholson Jokers, they have killed Zod

Twice, depending on how you look at BvS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Oh?   I didn't know that.   There's that at least.

I don't think there has been a 100% confirmation on it. People are just assuming that since the Tesseract was involved, being the Space Gem/Stone, it teleported him somewhere. The effect looked just like a Asgard teleport beam.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

...It didn't cross your mind that the cost of the movie plays an equally important factor in whether the box office is a flop or not?

Lets see that then 

iron man 1 - production budget - 140 million, got back 318 - diff 180 mill

iron man 2 - production budget - 200 million, got back 312 - diff 112 million 

man of steel - production budget - 225 million, got back 291 - diff under 70 million 

captain America - production budget - 170 million, got back 259 - diff just over 80 mill

thor - production budget - 140 million, got back 181 million - diff just over 40 million 

More

guardians of the Galaxy - production budget 170 million, got back 330 million - diff 160 mill 

X men DOFP - budget 200 million - got back 233 million - diff just over 30 mill 

thor 2 - production budget 170 - got back 206 million, diff just over 30 mill 

ant man - production budget 130, got back 180 million, diff 50 

batman v superman - production budget 250 million, has got back 261 million, it's up 11 mill from its budget and will likely end up near 100 more than production budget which is MORE than man of steel and we haven't even counted the global returns yet 

So so by your definition , iron man 2 is a flop, man of steel is a flop , Thor is a flop , captain America is a flop, DOFP is a flop, Thor 2 is a flop etc etc, accumulate those and Disney should have declared bankruptcy by now 

Edited by hasanahmad

DERBY UPDATE:   45 players this week, 78.66 average.   I took the liberty of lowering the top 10 estimates from studio projections.  All the Sunday estimates seemed miserable and way too high.  I changed it to this…  

Batman – 51.43 (down .955)

Zootopia – 19.76 (down .24)

Greek Wedding – 10.95 (down .18)

God / Dead – 7.90 (down .204)

Heaven – 7.45 (down 0.1)

Allegiant – 5.72 (down .005)

Cloverfield – 4.60 (down .15)

Meet the Blacks – 3.955 (down 0.1)

Deadpool – 3.45 (down .05)

London – 1.85 (down .06)

I think they all might even fall further from this. 

Our winner is TalismanRing.  He wins by over 1% no matter how hard you try to spin it.  New players this week are cookie and HowardBeale.  Welcome!!!  Two out of three new players returned from last week.  M37 (made the top 10) and tong kosong.  Yay!!  And Digoron showed up to play for the third time. 

Top 10

TalismanRing – 87.14

No Prisoners – 85.68

Simionski – 85.03

Matrix4You – 85.01

Exxdee – 84.78

M37 – 84.23

Kayumanggi – 83.98

Dipper – 83.85

Bozly – 83.71

BoxofficeZ – 81.97

Digoron - 81.66

Edited by Matrix4You

9 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Lets see that then 

iron man 1 - production budget - 140 million, got back 318 - diff 180 mill

iron man 2 - production budget - 200 million, got back 312 - diff 112 million 

man of steel - production budget - 225 million, got back 291 - diff under 70 million 

captain America - production budget - 170 million, got back 259 - diff just over 80 mill

thor - production budget - 140 million, got back 181 million - diff just over 40 million 

More

guardians of the Galaxy - production budget 170 million, got back 330 million - diff 160 mill 

X men DOFP - budget 200 million - got back 233 million - diff just over 30 mill 

thor 2 - production budget 170 - got back 206 million, diff just over 30 mill 

ant man - production budget 130, got back 180 million, diff 50 

batman v superman - production budget 250 million, has got back 261 million, it's up 11 mill from its budget and will likely end up near 100 more than production budget which is MORE than man of steel and we haven't even counted the global returns yet 

So so by your definition , iron man 2 is a flop, man of steel is a flop , Thor is a flop , captain America is a flop, DOFP is a flop, Thor 2 is a flop etc etc, accumulate those and Disney should have declared bankruptcy by now 

Why are you using domestic numbers only?

On OT: Damn I haven't been that badly let down by something I thought would be good since The Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 2 in reference to the much hyped up The Walking Dead finale tonight. I think I feel more disappointed from this then that too. 

I'm not a fan who will blindly love something when it's bad. And that was easily one of the worst things they could do after they built it up so well. By the time they fix it, all the tension this episode had is gone. People are so furious that the writers had to say something in the after show.

I figured Batman V Superman wouldn't be good but this was a much bigger disappointment after years of waiting on this big scene. It felt like a big middle finger to the fans.

• Like 1