jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

12 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Please don't get your hopes up for more than 1.1-1.3 for Zoo....

To be frank I don't find the BvS number as horrifying as some of you do. There is precedent for a mid -70% fall on this particular monday. But still when compared to its grosses a week ago it does look bad, but context is everything. It would be a bad monday if the weekend had been in the 60s. 

A week ago, you weren't expected a $1 million+ fifth Monday for Zootopia, were you? :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heat Vision said:

250 million budget but clearly cost less than Man of Steel. Haters just won't stop lol

i agree this is like coming to imdb its full of haters and trolls. Dont they know march madness was on yesterday. And next week it will likely be close to 800 million. And dont they get JL will be in a totally different tone than BvS also. It will be Avengers type of movie. where the heroes get to crack jokes and see them all together for the first time fighting a big DC baddie. You can only be a hater if you think JL will not have more repeat business because of its nature like Avengers. Its a totally different movie that will appeal to the general audience more of its fun tone.

34 minutes ago, StarSaber said:

No. 'Twas a joke, but Zootopia's 2nd Monday was higher than BvS 2nd Monday it seems.

Also, did anyone else notice that Zootopia's 2nd weekend was $4,000 larger than BvS'? 

Zoo's 2nd, 3rd, 4th Monday are all bigger than BvS's 2nd Monday.

Edited by bladels
  • Like 1

Just now, bladels said:

Zoo's 2nd, 3rd, 4th Monday were all bigger than BvS's 2nd Monday.

Yes, but Zootpia's 4th Monday was after Easter, which gave it a boost. This is just a normal weekday now, with maybe a few students on break.

51 minutes ago, Eastwood51 said:

So BVS was beat by Zootopia on it's second Monday of release? Staggering...

44 minutes ago, cannastop said:

No. That was a joke.

Well, Zoos 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Monday all outperformed Bvs 2nd monday

5 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

Zootopia is a freak of nature and is a totally different movie, so we really shouldn't be comparing Batman v Superman to it.

Uh, yes we should because there's a big chance that it will beat out BvS in the end.

8 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

Zootopia is a freak of nature and is a totally different movie, so we really shouldn't be comparing Batman v Superman to it.

I think people are just prone to comparing b/c it is shocking (to most) that Zootopia could possibly come out ahead of BvS.  Most people did not see that coming at all, so there is some wow factor to it, even though they are very different films.  

One of my issues with BvS is that I can't take my daughter to see it, but something like Zootopia, we can both enjoy, so I guess maybe it shouldn't be surprising that Zoo could outperform, but I did not expect that. Glad to see the love for Zootopia though. Great movie.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think the Top 10 of the year goes like this:

1. Rogue One: 530M

2. Finding Dory: 460M

3. Civil War: 430M

4. Deadpool: 370M

5. BVS: 330M

6. Zootopia: 320M

7. Suicide Squad: 300M

8. Fantasic Beasts: 290M

9. Secret Life of Pets: 270M

10. The Jungle Book: 260M

I really don't know what to do with SS :kitschjob:   The hype is there but BVS might have hurt it.

I think Suicide Squad AND Wonder Woman will end up both way better films, but also more  profitable at the BO. I trust Ayer with SS as much as I trust Gunn with GotG.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sabrecmc said:

I think people are just prone to comparing b/c it is shocking (to most) that Zootopia could possibly come out ahead of BvS.  Most people did not see that coming at all, so there is some wow factor to it, even though they are very different films.  

One of my issues with BvS is that I can't take my daughter to see it, but something like Zootopia, we can both enjoy, so I guess maybe it shouldn't be surprising that Zoo could outperform, but I did not expect that. Glad to see the love for Zootopia though. Great movie.  

Interesting thing about Zootopia is that I think it appeals to adults more than children. I'm totally serious. I know I wouldn't appreciate it half as much if I watched it when I was 17 compared to 22.

Even my 10 year old sister complained that the movie wasn't funny and that only adults laughed. Her results might not be typical, though.

Just now, brownies said:

Hi guys new to this forum

Still learning how this whole box office prediction works
Can i ask if bvs have any chance to go under gotg domestic box office?

We're all amateurs here.

But yes, plenty of people here think that will happen.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I'm excited for Suicide Squad.

But I don't see a film called "Suicide Squad" will have parents rushing to take their kids to see it.

$200m total, ish.

Yeah I feel it's being over-predicted but considering it is uniquely enticing, has Joker and a couple big hip actors, if it's a very good movie I expect 85-90m ow/250m dom.

Edited by a2knet