kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

2 minutes ago, movieboner said:

Nobody is going to care about this weekend, except for the Melissa McCarthy fanboys. Everyone is going to turn their attention to the Captain America: Civil War reviews and spoilers.

Nice try, but we still have to get to The Jungle Book.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Rutger Hauer, most famously known for playing Mr. Earle in Batman Begins

He's always going to be The Hitcher to me.  Man that fucking movie.  Mom was so excited to show it to me...when I was like 10.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rallax said:

He's always going to be The Hitcher to me.  Man that fucking movie.  Mom was so excited to show it to me...when I was like 10.

Everybody's most famous role is that time they were in a Nolan movie.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I certainly don't want to start up this again, but here's how I see the BvS thing going forward.

There's no doubt that they need to change the tone to appeal to more people.  There are those of us who loved it but there are many more who didn't.  This is going to have right around a 2X and that is horrible, obviously.  Even Twilight had a better multiplier.  But I don't think this is going to damage DC going forward.  First of all, they have all of the solo films to fix things.  Plus you have Suicide Squad coming out and that looks like a winner already.  And with DC getting a first film to gross around 900 million, while obviously not what we expected, can't be considered horrible.  So here is what will probably happen.  

They throw gobs of money at Affleck and get him to do the next film and you keep Snyder on as producer.  If the next trailer is really good, maybe not all is forgiven, but I think people will want to give this another chance.  Even the people that didn't like it pretty much said that there were parts that they liked and almost everyone praised Affleck as Batman.  So they need to lighten things up a bit and get a different perspective from a fresh director.  Look at Attack of the Clones.  Not many liked it (apparently) and by adding Darth Vader and a few other things, Sith was huge.  I think the same could happen as well.  I know the next film is supposed to coming out in November of 17 but with this snafu they just delivered, they obviously have to make changes.  If Snyder is the problem, then it should be easy to just remove him and get someone who has a better understanding of things.  Maybe it's too late to do it for Justice League, but then again, maybe they can just delay it until a bit later in 18.  

I think if the next two DC films deliver, then they can get some good will back from the public.  

Basically all is not lost, imo.  They can still make this work with just a few tweaks.

They need to get a new director for sure and get rid of Snyder.  I originally thought they would back the money train up to Affelck, but I think Warner would rather have him concentrate more on acting and finishing his script for The Batman.  

Affleck also has his personal rep to consider.  He came out clean from BvS and earned a lot of respect despite the movie being shit.  He has directed 4 movies so far, 3 of them are either very good or Best Picture winning quality and the 4th (Live by Night) looks to be quality as well.  The last thing he should do is jump into someone else's mess that has already gone through complete pre-production and is a week away from shooting.  He would have no choice but to either try to make the best of what they have already planned or jump 100% into a delay and then complete fix.  

There are also other logistics to consider like Snyder shoots digitally and Affleck has shot everything on film.  Doesn't seem like a big deal, but something that affects everything from equipment to post production.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

They need to get a new director for sure and get rid of Snyder.  I originally thought they would back the money train up to Affelck, but I think Warner would rather have him concentrate more on acting and finishing his script for The Batman.  

Affleck also has his personal rep to consider.  He came out clean from BvS and earned a lot of respect despite the movie being shit.  He has directed 4 movies so far, 3 of them are either very good or Best Picture winning quality and the 4th (Live by Night) looks to be quality as well.  The last thing he should do is jump into someone else's mess that has already gone through complete pre-production and is a week away from shooting.  He would have no choice but to either try to make the best of what they have already planned or jump 100% into a delay and then complete fix.  

There are also other logistics to consider like Snyder shoots digitally and Affleck has shot everything on film.  Doesn't seem like a big deal, but something that affects everything from equipment to post production.  

He described his character on Conan and that is what convinced him to do the role. I don't see that changing now. He wants the role just as it is.

• Like 1

Ben looked bored throughout most of the movie to me tbh. He came to life as Batman but during the Bruce Wayne scenes he seemed like he wanted to be elsewhere.

And really, forget charging him with "ruining" the characters: let's charge Snyder guilty of crimes against good actors. Between these two movies, he's wasted the talents of 9 Oscar nominees, three of which have actually won Oscars. That's simply not acceptable.

• Like 3

On 3/5/2016 at 1:46 PM, Jim Shorts said:

More and more, I'm starting to believe Deadpool will outgross B vs. S domestically.  

On 3/6/2016 at 8:17 PM, Harpospoke said:

That would be the biggest upset ever.   I don't see how that could happen.

On 3/6/2016 at 9:00 PM, Baumer said:

How is BvS not going to make more than Deadpool?  It'll probably pass DP by the third weekend.

Been saving this for the 3rd weekend thread. 

0smug_GIF.gif

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Everybody's most famous role is that time they were in a Nolan movie.

Hope you are kidding. I felt sad for Hauer in that role in Batman Begins. It was just pathetic for somebody with such potential to be in such an insignificant role.

He was intense and great for negative roles.

His great roles include,

The Hitcher

Nighthawks

Ladyhawke

Blade Runner

Blind Side (90s)