kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

So guys, I have read Jungle Book opens next weekend. U/O 75M OW?

:WHATanabe:

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Criminal is also opening (it also opens here on Thursday). U/O 10M OW? Another lolololol flop for Lionsgate?

I think it looks pretty good TBH but yeah not expecting much

• Like 1

Just now, kayumanggi said:

And then that's it?

According to denofgeek they're off it, they wrote the treatment but now they're doing Han Solo so the writing and directing will solely go to Seth Grahame-Smith.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The 7 including "it was a mess but eh" as liking a movie? 

Let's take a sampling then. Why don't you show me the review poll info from review that movie of batman v superman from this forum . How many A B in total vs D and F 

Just now, mredman said:

BvS had a NEW Batman Ben Affleck which got relentless hate right after the casting. You cant seriously say that Ledgers death had nothing to do with how successful TDK was and TDKR was that successful because it was the last movie in this trilogy.

Batfleck didn't hurt the Batman brand as much (if at all) as Batman vs Robin did.

Again, BvS was coming off a critical and financial successful trilogy. It was in a much better position than BB. Even with the divisive MoS.

And point out where I talked about Ledger.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Based on the fact that the legs for this movie have been terrible, it seems like less than 7 out of 10 people liked or thought the movie was ok. If 7 out of 10 people liked or thought the movie was ok, the movie wouldn't be performing like it is. People are more inclined to listen to their friend who may say a movie is a bad or good than a critic that they don't even know. 

Or . People not watching due to critics reviews. I would have believed you if people heree on BoT disliked it more than liked it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

The negative press, all the clickbaity articles, the relentless nagging and reporting of BvS' box office run is doing that, + the wom of course, I have never seen another film under such scrutiny to inform everyone of how TERRIBLY it dropped, plenty of blockbusters have dropped terribly as well, HP7-2 dropped 72 % on second weekend, I don't remember anyone writing articles everywhere about that.

Regardless of what you think of the film, it has been treated unfairly and it's been ridiculously overblown. Whatever man.

About HP7-2, it's a great f**** movie, and yet it dropped 72 %, it was incredibly frontloaded for sure but what the hell?

Yeah, comparing this to the 8th movie in a franchise that had a large but limited fanbase makes a ton of sense.  Harry Potter wasn't going to add a whole bunch of new fans or grow its audience at this point.  And that film still had substantially better legs than what BvS will wind up with while facing actual competition.  DH2 faced a 65 million opener in its second week and then multiple 30+ million openers in its 3rd week.  BvS has faced absolutely nothing and it is still dropping like a rock every day.

• Like 5

Just now, Telemachos said:

Why ignore the Cs? You can argue they might swing either way, but if someone's giving a movie a C, any support is lukewarm at best. 

Regardless people never give movies an F, an "average" ranking on a site like this is well below the actual average

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Why ignore the Cs? You can argue they might swing either way, but if someone's giving a movie a C, any support is lukewarm at best. 

C can easily fall into OK category you can split the vote for either way for that . A middling movie 

3 hours ago, La Binoche said:

I praised Edge of Tomorrow, Jack Reacher, Tom Cruise's film choices, Zootopia and Eye in the Sky in this very thread! 

Do you really like Zootopia, though, or do you just dislike Inside Out? :P

7 minutes ago, Focus said:

Batfleck didn't hurt the Batman brand as much (if at all) as Batman vs Robin did.

Again, BvS was coming off a critical and financial successful trilogy. It was in a much better position than BB. Even with the divisive MoS.

And point out where I talked about Ledger.

Its still a NEW Batman and you cant seriously say there wasn't a ton of hate for Ben being cast as Batman. Yeah now most agree he is tremendous as both Batman/Bruce. But still there was ton of hate about his casting on multiple sites and forums. Its also actually harder to come from a successful trilogy like NOLAN. People expect perfection

Edited by mredman
  • Like 1

Stop it people.  BvS had terrible reviews and terrible WOM.  It is about to pull a less than 2.0 multiplier.  

You can't sit there and say it had good WOM when it had still a large opening.  If it really had good 7/10 WOM like is being touted, with a $166m opening weekend it had more than enough people to go spread the word.  They didn't and the movie has fallen apart.  

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

So guys, I have read Jungle Book opens next weekend. U/O 75M OW?

Criminal is also opening (it also opens here on Thursday). U/O 10M OW? Another lolololol flop for Lionsgate?

Under on both

Just now, mredman said:

Its still a NEW Batman and you cant seriously say there wasn't a ton of hate for Ben being cast as Batman. Yeah now most agree he is tremendous as both Batman/Bruce. But still there was ton of hate about his casting on multiple sites and forums

You seriously think Batfleck getting hate online is equivalent to the universal panning of Batman & Robin?

6 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Or . People not watching due to critics reviews. I would have believed you if people heree on BoT disliked it more than liked it 

So just because people on BoT liked it that means everyone else did? We are past the point where people are looking at critics reviews and only critics reviews. The only time a person would do that at this point is to confirm or disconfirm what someone may have told them about the film. This isn't a film which very few people saw. Plenty of people saw this film and plenty of people talked about this film. And based on the BO performance of this film you can say the WOM has been mixed to even negative. 

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

Its still a NEW Batman and you cant seriously say there wasn't a ton of hate for Ben being cast as Batman. Yeah now most agree he is tremendous as both Batman/Bruce. But still there was ton of hate about his casting on multiple sites and forums

That's nothing new.