Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I think it was 70ish b/c folks talked about if it would be certified fresh or not...

It was certified fresh for a while.

Got certified at 89% with 148 reviews. 

Let’s not forget, WW84 score tumbled when all the blogs started coming in. With Top Critics it’s still 71% fresh. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Let’s not forget, WW84 score tumbled when all the blogs started coming in. With Top Critics it’s still 71% fresh. 

thats weird

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

WW84 takedown was brutal , one for the history. 

Anyways let's hope this one has good fate. 

• Like 1

Fresh/Rotten ratio so far prevents plunge into rotten territory. 

Also, while third act and villain are singled out as the weakest links, which is nothing new for Marvel, the rest is praised. Positive outweights the (usual) MCU problem areas.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This will never make sense lol

I mean i get the GP hated the whole love theme and the brutal shift compared to the first movie tone, but it's bizarre how some people act like the movie is the worst thing ever just because it's corny.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I mean i get the GP hated the whole love theme and the brutal shift compared to the first movie tone, but it's bizarre how some people act like the movie is the worst thing ever just because it's corny.

I think it was the terrible ending in all ways (not just that it was corny) - folks remember endings more than beginnings and tend to weight grades accordingly...that said, it's a decent movie that was worse than the original:)...

But that's for another thread...unless Black Widow has the same type of "terrible ending" problem...then, you might see the same thing happen...

Went to grab some screenshots of WW84's journey with rottentomatoes so everyone can be on the same page with how that actually went down - but I highly highly doubt Black Widow will endure the same kind of fall, that really was one of a kind. Putting it under a spoilertag so it doesn't clog up the feed.

Spoiler

wonderwoman0.png

wonderwoman.png

wonderwoman1.png

wonderwoman2.png

wonderwoman3.png

wonderwoman4.png

wonderwoman5.png

wonderwoman1.png

wonderwoman2.png

on MetaCritic Black Widow has now dipped to 69, nice.

Edited by Lucas

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeh, Internet rating systems would have you believe it was hated lol. 

Anyway, sorry to derail. Gorgeous new poster Marvel just tweeted out: 

• Like 2

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

I think it was the terrible ending in all ways (not just that it was corny) - folks remember endings more than beginnings and tend to weight grades accordingly...that said, it's a decent movie that was worse than the original:)...

But that's for another thread...unless Black Widow has the same type of "terrible ending" problem...then, you might see the same thing happen...

not really it seems like the problem with black is the cgi fest in the 3 act, which lets be honest was expected captain marvel had it and black panther had it too

• Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah, i also think the worst problem is the ending. It doesn't have a proper climax, and the emotional part of people giving up their wishes simply doesn't work and is absurd. But the movie does have good moments.

But for BW, seems to be the exact opposite. I saw critics complaining that the climax is too massive, which i think bodes well for the audience who is probably expecting huge setpieces with lots of CGI to be pleased.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, Internet rating systems would have you believe it was hated lol. 

Anyway, sorry to derail. Gorgeous new poster Marvel just tweeted out: 

Well, cinemascore is pretty bad as well for a blockbuster. But i think people really was too hard with it, it's not a terrible movie.

Beautiful poster indeed for BW, finally after so many ugly images.

RT's "critic consensus" is up already:

CRITICS CONSENSUS

Black Widow's deeper themes are drowned out in all the action, but it remains a solidly entertaining standalone adventure that's rounded out by a stellar supporting cast. Read critic reviews

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Are you taking about WW84 that wasn’t disliked for being corny. It was disliked for being a crappy movie with laughable villains and plot developments and special effects. 

12 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Are you taking about WW84 that wasn’t disliked for being corny. It was disliked for being a crappy movie with laughable villains and plot developments and special effects. 

Oh here we go. :rolleyes:

Let’s not.