Some of the locations in the trailer:

The Danube

depositphotos_98943118-stock-photo-view-

In the background - The Parlament and Margharet Island

I4qktkpTURBXy9mN2JhMzQ1MmQzYTg4ZDYwM2EzO

Keleti Railway Station

W-dktkpTURBXy80ZTA2NDBlZjc0ZTc0NDUxMDY0Z

img_6703.JPG

Some of the action takes place in the 5th district (like the part with the tank)

42655050.jpg

Guarnteed they did not shoot in Russia; except for a few stock shots (like the opening shot of St.Petersburg in the trailer).

J

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Guarnteed they did not shoot in Russia; except for a few stock shots (like the opening shot of St.Petersburg in the trailer).

J

Hungary tend to have the nice tax credit, world level crew and installation and what Hollywood use to pass for Russia yes:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3480822/locations

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

J

Which shot are you talking about?

Not sure how big part of the movie will be set in Budapest, but it always plays other cities in movies. One example of it is Spy (2015), in which the majority of Paris and Rome scenes were obviously filmed here.

11 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Hungary tend to have the nice tax credit, world level crew and installation and what Hollywood use to pass for Russia yes:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3480822/locations

And I suspect that a government with a Ex KGB boss in charge is not going to look favorably on letting a film which views the KGB in a negative light..which this film sure as hell does...shoot in Russia. SO a few stock shots of Locations in Russia will be all the real Russia we get in this movie.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Which shot are you talking about?

Not sure how big part of the movie will be set in Budapest, but it always plays other cities in movies. One example of it is Spy (2015), in which the majority of Paris and Rome scenes were obviously filmed here.

That opeing shot in the trailer is definently of a city in Russia, probably St Petersburg.

And it's probably a "stock shot" a scene that was hot for another movie or documentary, sort of like they use stock shots of New York City to establish location, though for most of the NYC  scenes were shot in Toronto, the standard stand in for NYC.

Interstong enough, the city I live in , Sacramento, California, is used a lot in films, but always for somewhere else, since it sort of looks like "Any Medium Size City USA".

Only film exntesively shot in Sacramento that was actually set in Sacramento was "Ladybird"..and that is because Greta Gerwig the writer director is from Sacramento.

Edited by dudalb

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And I suspect that a government with a Ex KGB boss in charge is not going to look favorably on letting a film which views the KGB in a negative light..which this film sure as hell does...shoot in Russia.

Even if the movie would be neutral about Russia, positive about it, not sure they would have shot there.

Disney didn't event went to shoot anything in Africa for something like Black Panther, it is a lot I imagine for them about quality of local crew, local tax credits system, easiness and so on and was not because they would not have had a good reception from the locals.

Luc Besson went to shoot Anna there:

https://www.rbth.com/arts/330665-luc-besson-anna-russia-sasha-luss-criticism

And I doubt he showed KGB agents in a positive light, Russia censor what do play in theater (and this will almost without a doubt play without problem it is Marvel nothing politically shocking will probably ever happen), but accepting money for local production, I doubt they care too much for the content.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That opeing shot in the trailer is definently of a city in Russia, probably St Petersburg.

And it's probably a "stock shot" a scene that was hot for another movie or documentary, sort of like they use stock shots of New York City to establish location, though for most of the NYC  scenes were shot in Toronto, the standard stand in for NYC.

Interstong enough, the city I live in , Sacramento, California, is used a lot in films, but always for somewhere else, since it sort of looks like "Any Medium Size City USA".

Only film exntesively shot in Sacramento that was actually set in Sacramento was "Ladybird"..and that is because Greta Gerwig the writer director is from Sacramento.

Well, it's not. It's 100% Budapest.

This is the opening shot:

_109988622_blackwidow1.jpg

It takes 5 minutes for me to get up to the top of the hill from home as I live just on the other side.

33134.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So BW is getting tons of buzz around the world?  but but nobody cares for BW it's coming out 3-4 years too late is dead will do AMATW numbers. Oops. :lol:

It’s definitely  a strange comment. Why would nobody care when she was just in the biggest movie of all time? If it came out earlier it would have made less money 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Well, it's not. It's 100% Budapest.

This is the opening shot:

_109988622_blackwidow1.jpg

It takes 5 minutes for me to get up to the top of the hill from home as I live just on the other side.

33134.jpg

GOd, my mistake. Could have sworn I had seen that statue before in footage of Russia.

And it's common for movies to use a couple of stock shots to establish location for a film that was shot elsewhere then where it takes place.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

It’s definitely  a strange comment. Why would nobody care when she was just in the biggest movie of all time? If it came out earlier it would have made less money 

I'm mocking comments thrown around since the movie was announced. This is a good day for us BW believers. :stirthepot:

people are now coming around cause views are huge but read not so many pages back and you'll see AMATW total projections, and claims that the movie's too late and that her death hurts the movie, etc.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

GOd, my mistake. Could have sworn I had seen that statue before in footage of Russia.

And it's common for movies to use a couple of stock shots to establish location for a film that was shot elsewhere then where it takes place.

You are not far from the truth actually. It was built after WW2 as a monument dedicated to the "liberation" of Hungary by the occupying Soviet army. "To the memory of the liberating Soviet heroes, raised by the grateful Hungarian people". They even put a statue of a Soviet soldier there.

390px-Soldat_russe_Memento_Park.jpg

Of course after the fall of communism they removed the soldier and rewrote the text to:

"To the memory of those who died for the independence, freedom and prosperity of Hungary"

Edited by misafeco
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm mocking comments thrown around since the movie was announced. This is a good day for us BW believers. :stirthepot:

people are now coming around cause views are huge but read not so many pages back and you'll see AMATW total projections, and claims that the movie's too late and that her death hurts the movie, etc.

I guess some people are hoping this to be the "Solo: A Star Wars Story" of the MCU. Plus you know some are tired of the MCU and want Phase 4 to start on a bad note. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I guess some people are hoping this to be the "Solo: A Star Wars Story" of the MCU. Plus you know some are tired of the MCU and want Phase 4 to start on a bad note. 

THIS! Didn't want to say it aloud before but I got that feeling too. 

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Someday Marvel will have a flop. It's inevitable, sooner or later the law of averages will catch up with them.

But Black Widow will not be the film to break the run.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1