WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

1 minute ago, The Panda Knight said:

If I would have even mentioned the idea of The Jungle Book and Zootopia over BVS prior to March I likely would have gotten the forum equivalent of a stoning.

The Jungle Book isn't as certain as Zootopia is, though.

12 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Not a true guarantee but with a sub-40% drop off of a 103m OW, another weekend to itself, and then benefiting from Double Features from Cap, Id be surprised if it didn't at this point.

• Like 1

Top 4 DOM for Jan-Apr is looking strong...

1. Deadpool: $360 million
  2. Zootopia: $340 million 
  3. The Jungle Book: $335 million 
  4. Batman vs. Superman: $330 million 

Add in Civil War, X-Men, Dory, ID42, Pets, and SS - 2016's top 10 could feasibly be made up of all $225 million+ DOM grossers. With Doctor Strange, Fantastic Beasts, Moana ,Rogue One and Sing remaining for late 2016. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cannastop said:

It's as certain as ZOOTP. Cinderella's legs after a 61m 2nd weekend take TJB to 330m. Should do 340m+.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Baumer said:

I don't disagree with any of this.  But the odds of breaking into Hollywood and making a living off of it, are astronomical.  Just like sports.  There are millions upon millions of kids who play organized sports each year who dream of making a professional sports league.  And 99% of them don't.  People know how massive the odds are against them when they embark on the dream of making it big.  So while it sucks that Hollywood is the way it is, people know the risks when they embark on that road to stardom.  So they kind of have no one to blame but themselves.  It's a gamble, just like winning at blackjack or poker.  The allure of that final table at the Taj, playing heads up with Phil Hellmuth is what gets thousands of people every year to pay the $10,000 entry fee into the world series of poker.  Someone's going to win, so why not me?  It's the same as trying to break into Hollywood.  

You know not every actor wants to be famous right? Some would just like to ya know... Act.

• Like 1

So The Huntsman will make less in total than what Snow White and the Huntsman made in its opening weekend.

You know, I didn't exactly like Snow White and the Huntsman (but didn't hate it either), but I almost contemplated seeing this just because that cast is so damn good. Once the horrible reviews came in, though, that was enough to turn us away and just not bother. And I wouldn't be shocked if other people felt the same way.

• Like 1