WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

Just now, CJohn said:

Why are you doing this Chewy? What do you want to start? :ph34r::sadben: 

This is a box office site CJohn I'm just mentioning a currently relevant box office fact :ph34r::depp:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

This is a box office site CJohn I'm just mentioning a currently relevant box office fact :ph34r::depp:

Soon you will be mentioning that Jungle Book has beaten BvS WW :sadben:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

At least BvS will have a better multiplier than Hardcore Henry. :sadben:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, narniadis said:

I doubt it as far as his pessimism. It's not hard to look at the numbers and see that it will be an uphill climb to achieve that particular goal. Zoo is practically at the point of being locked to NOT get 1B unless Japan magically sprouts Frozen like legs. TJB isn't doing the huge numbers in non-asian territories that it needs to do in order to challenge 1B without being a question till the day it does it.

Zootopia needs Big Hero 6 - like legs to reach $1 billion. From its $908 million likely actual total as of this weekend, it should add $24 million domestic and $11 million overseas minus Japan (made $6.8 million this weekend) for a $943 million total. It would require $57 million more from Japan so a $61 million total. Coming off of a $4.1 million weekend, it needs a 14.9x multiplier which compares to Big Hero 6's 15x. I'm not saying $1 billion is going to be easy though. Hopefully Golden Week and glowing WOM can get Zoo to $61 million in Japan. And btw, using Frozen's multiplier of 33x would put Zootopia's final gross at $135 million which would make it beat Toy Story 3 and become 3rd highest grossing animated movie. 

Edited by Arlo245

Just now, MrPink said:

At least BvS will have a better multiplier than Hardcore Henry. :sadben:

It'll have a better multiplier than Huntsman 2 or Inhumans

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BourneFan #1 said:

Can we never talk about Batman V Superman ever again? I really don't think there is anything else to add to the discussion of this movie.

You must be new here. If this board isn't talking about either Batman, Superman or Christopher Nolan at any given second of the day then the universe will implode.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

Just now, Hatebox said:

You must be new here. If this board isn't talking about either Batman, Superman or Christopher Nolan every second of the day then the universe will implode.

I will make damn sure we never stop talking about this man.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ohana said:

CW is gonna the first Marvel movie I'll skip in theaters just as a matter of principle

34 minutes ago, mredman said:

well all i can say i am not watching CW because of several reasons many also because of some posters here and imdb. i hope all DC fans do the same. why support marvel when their fans are like this to DC movies?

Disney's response

tumblr_inline_msjmptP2Ge1rh08o4.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Not for the DVD. Demand is building as people realize this is the thinking persons comic book adaptation. As will be all of the DCEU. 

Um what?

Thinking persons? 

42 minutes ago, mredman said:

well all i can say i am not watching CW because of several reasons many also because of some posters here and imdb. i hope all DC fans do the same. why support marvel when their fans are like this to DC movies?

37 minutes ago, Ohana said:

CW is gonna the first Marvel movie I'll skip in theaters just as a matter of principle

Just. Stop. ITS A MOVIE OKAY? JUST A MOVIE! If you're gonna skip CW fine, I know lots of people who aren't seeing it. But to skip it because of a matter of principle? What principle is this? Because people didn't like BvS because it was a mediocre movie means you're gonna throw a fanboy fit?

I respect most people on this site, and I really want to respect you guys too as film fans. So until then, take garbage like this into the Marvel vs DC thread.

• Like 17