CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Crowds are really only good for specific events. With TFA and Deadpool, it was pretty tight having the whole room crowded. Everyone was excited, and everyone reacted positively to pretty much everything. But then there are cases with when I saw Into the Woods and The Witch. People either got bored and talked about how "stupid" those movies are, or just decided to have their own conversations while the movie was playing, and these crowds were pretty decently-sized, which made it a nightmare to get through. And don't get me started on the crowds for kids movies. :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would say 20+ is happening...

No! Next thing you'll be saying it has a good chance at a 60+ Friday (previews included)! :P

I'll do a final sellout count later tonight (hopefully), but something in the 27-28 range seems about right. Right about what ULTRON did, basically.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Texting and Facebook addiction has ruined it. Nothing worse than cell phone screens lighting up in your field of vision while you try to watch the movie. I'm seeing Cap 3 on Monday evening because I hope it'll be a lot less crowded. 

I guess people in Texas are more polite. I see it every now and then. The bigger problem is people talking, but I don't see many cell phones out. We also have Alamo Drafthouse here. 

Edit: I see you're in Tehas too, so I dunno. If I'm not going to Alamo I always make sure to frequent the more expensive theaters believe it or not. Better sort of customer and better experience overall. 

Edited by tonytr87

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm convinced that if Sarandon lives to be 100 she will still be a stunning-looking woman.

She looked like crap in person 25 years ago

Make up lights and camera work miracles.

Robbins looked cute and I don't even play on that team.

Edited by No Prisoners

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Jack Nevada said:

Ugh, MONEY MONSTER. Worst movie title ever. 

Every time I see the trailer I'm disappointed by the lack of a CGI monster made up of money eating people on Wall Street. Only Dwayne the Rock Johnson realizes that because money does grow on trees, fire can burn the money monster and save his estranged son.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Man, I actually wish I can see a big movie on opening night in an empty theater like this, once. 

But anyway, relevant to CW, cancel the damn weekend, it's doomed! 

Everything is bigger in Texas including the audience.