CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

we could talk about something else while we're waiting, or make something creative. how's the weather in the states? 

Lol. You do realize that the landmass is so fucking big that there isn't one answer to that question, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Would Disney fudge it to do 200M OW ?

With Jungle Book, they could I guess ...

It'll reach 200M without fudging, the question is will they fudge it over Avengers and JW?

8 minutes ago, pensivepenguin said:

It's sort of funny because I've been here for the OW of a lot of these Marvel films and every single time, the numbers are always underwhelming and people are disappointed.  But the correlation between an MCU film's preview #s had never been super impressive nor have they shown an accurate correlation to their final weekend or even Friday numbers.

It's like we never learn.

Yeah this . I was actually expecting 20-22 million from previews . I don't get what makes people so pessimistic about an under 200 million ow , after we get the Saturday number the dust will clear . 

36 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

There you go, outpaced BvS and Ultron in ticket sales and grossed less. 

Fantastic start. 

$88 million Friday for me. 

Well ticket sales were not all for Thursday night, lol.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yeah this . I was actually expecting 20-22 million from previews . I don't get what makes people so pessimistic about an under 200 million ow , after we get the Saturday number the dust will clear . 

Same here.   MCU movies have usually lower previews feeding off bigger opening weekends than their counterparts.  It's their signature.

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Ooohhh, this is an excellent bullshit nerd analysis too.

People were saying TFA 'records would be surpassed. This will be a stretch to do 200M now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

Um The First Avenger was also the name of the first Captain America movie too.

Yeah I know, I'm just pointing out the use of word of Avenger in the poster.  

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Does anyone realize how hard it is going to be for me to pay attention in school today? French class is already boring enough :lol:

ahhhhhhhhhhh don't tell bad think about french :D

Just kidding hate spanish too back in school but loved loved English. I read ENglish everyday thx to this forum and some news on World of warcraft :D

If you need advice on french i m your man :D

• Like 1

Anything over IM3 is a win in my book. Don't care about other's expectations, lol. You won't convince me that $175m + is not an awesome opening weekend number for this movie.

• Like 7