CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'd say that an opening weekend of $180+ million means that a lot of people give a fuck. It's going to have to be a whole lot less lucrative than that to make Disney rethink its Marvel strategy.

Nop.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I'd say that an opening weekend of $180+ million means that a lot of people give a fuck. It's going to have to be a whole lot less lucrative than that to make Disney rethink its Marvel strategy.

I am talking about legs actually.

If the movie does in the end, let's say "just" 400m.

Is it bad word of mouth (unlikely given the quality of the movie) or the potential reservoir of moviegoers for these films is just shrinking a bit ?

41 minutes ago, grim22 said:

NOON UPDATE: Captain America: Civil War‘s matinees are currently tracking 10% to 13% behind Avengers: Age of Ultron putting the Disney Marvel title on track for a $75M-$80M Friday and a projected weekend at this point of $178M-$188M. While that’s under Ultron‘s $191.27M , man, that’s really not something to cry about. Should Civil War hook that opening, it will make it the fifth highest domestic opening of all-time ahead of Iron Man 3‘s $174M.

Slightly lower than I had hoped, but right around where I predicted! All in all a great #!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rallax said:

That would be a terrible step backwards.

I still found it weird that people found a 50yo Marisa Tomei too young to be someone's aunt. Hot or not (and she's damn hot) have nothing to do with her age.

• Like 3

Just now, The Futurist said:

I am talking about legs actually.

If the movie does in the end, let's say "just" 400m.

Is it bad word of mouth (unlikely given the quality of the movie) or the potential reservoir of moviegoers for these films is just shrinking a bit ?

Well, that hasn't happened yet, and I think it's unlikely. On the other hand, would you say that $450 million domestic is #CRUMBLING?

I think some of you are forgetting this ain't an Avengers MCU film, it's a Captain America film, and as such, it's going to destroy The Winter Soldier WW, it does feel Avengerish in terms of scope and scale, it's the best MCU film yet imo, it'd make perfect sense for it to finish close to AOU WW while "just" being a Cap America film, this is quite the achievement, don't go crazy, put things into perspective. We got spoiled with TFA.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Well, that hasn't happened yet, and I think it's unlikely. On the other hand, would you say that $450 million domestic is #CRUMBLING?

Certainly not.

I d say 400m is already a huge win.

450m would be fantastic.

500 would be incredible.

That s my CW scale.

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I read it, I acknowledge it and still think this is 2012 happening all over again and being heavily under predicted.. Saturday and Sunday is more than going to push this over the Moon and I can't believe no one is seeing this but me, but whatever.. We all know how MARVEL movies over perform on the weekend, but I guess everyone forgot this zoning in the on the 25M Preview which is Excellent..

What about Mother's Day on Sunday?

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I think some of you are forgetting this ain't an Avengers MCU film, it's a Captain America film, and as such, it's going to destroy The Winter Soldier WW, it does feel Avengerish in terms of scope and scale, it's the best MCU film yet imo, it'd make perfect sense for it to finish close to AOU WW while "just" being a Cap America film, this is quite the achievement, don't go crazy, put things into perspective. We got spoiled with TFA.

It has Iron Man on the poster. It's an Avengers movie.

25 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

idk why all these sites suddenly started jumping on the $210-215m train? for a long time it was predicted for $170m..

Tracking was 175m 4 weeks ago.

190M just under two weeks ago. That's probably why they upped their predictions.

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

I still found it weird that people found a 50yo Marisa Tomei too young to be someone's aunt. Hot or not (and she's damn hot) have nothing to do with her age.

Most aunts will realistically be around the same age as your own mother/father. 15 year old Peter with a 45-50ish Aunt May is pretty realistic, actually.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

But it would be better if you got paid to see it. Hopefully this isn't the only movie I get paid to watch this summer.

Well sure. But there's no need for you to feel sorry for somebody that paid to see it. Unless of course, they hated it.:lol:

• Like 1