CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

30 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

80% drop next weekend?

I don't think so. More like 60-65

It should hold ok through the rest of May. 

There is really nothing targeting older females until 'Be Before You'. 

Edited by babz06

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I think my fave might be the CF one, but I'm biased since I went nuts with the title updates that weekend. We had crazy low numbers initially, so all the THG fans melted down, then the numbers swung back the other way and rebounded for the weekend, so all the Nolanites freaked out when it looked like it would pass TDK's OW. Then there was a late Sunday adjustment and CF fell underneath TDK. Plus, for added bonus, you had #Ed melting down over Peyton's horrible performance on Sunday Night Football.

That one was legendary as well, especially when we got actuals.

The MJ1 takes the edge for me because of the "official numbers" which were wrong and everyone expecting a CF-like rebound of numbers through the day (and in their dreams as evidenced by your comments ;) )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Catching Fire weekend thread was legendary. So many twists and turns. Meltdowns in all directions, lol.

Preserved here, if anyone wants some light reading this morning. :lol:

Plus, because I can't resist, here's what the thread titles were (as they happened):

Early Friday numbers | THG: CF low-to-mid 60s (Gitesh), Rth "sounds about right"

Early Fri numbers | cannibalism in the NE, hope for civilization on west coast | CF low/mid 60s

Fri numbers | cannibalism in the NE, hope for civ on west coast | CF 67.5, TDW 4.2

Fri numbers | Civilization is saved! West Coast salvation! | CF 70.5, TDW 4.2

Weekend numbers | Power grid back online | Fri: CF 70.5, TDW 4.2 | Sat: CF Hoopty million

Weekend #s | Power grid back online | Fri CF 70.5, TDW 4.2 | Sat CF 52-53 (shifty-eyed Asgardian)

Weekend #s | Angry citizens demand bread, numbers & fudge | Fri CF 70.5, TDW 4.2 | Sat CF 52-53 Rth

Weekend #s | CF 161.3 | Fudge is delicious

Nov 22-24 weekend #s | CF 161.3, TDW 14.12, BMH 12.5, DM 8.2 | Gotham mourns | Fudge is delicious

Nov 22-24 weekend #s | CF 161.3, TDW 14.12, BMH 12.5, DM 8.2 | Jack needs to write his essay

Nov 22-24 #s | CF 161.3, TDW 14.12, BMH 12.5, DM 8.2 | Jack, write your essay | You too, Jandrew

Nov 22-24 #s | CF 161.3, TDW 14.12, BMH 12.5, DM 8.2 | West Coast lookin' slack today

Nov 22-24 #s | CF 161.3, TDW 14.12, BMH 12.5, DM 8.2 | Boy, the Patriots suck

Nov 22-24 #s | CF 161.3, TDW 14.12, BMH 12.5, DM 8.2 | Manning is anti-Ed, refuses to throw

Nov 22-24 #s | CF 161.3, TDW 14.12, BMH 12.5, DM 8.2 | The Derp is complete | Pray for Ed

Nov 22-24 #s | CF 161.3 TDW 14 BMH 12.5 DM 8.2 | Increase from estimates? | Rth "Mmmm.. yeah, no"

Nov 22-24 #s | CF 161.3? Go home LG, you are drunk | Ed's redemption | Sun CF 32-33 (Rth)

Nov 22-24 #s | CF 161.3? | Admissions are weird/nebulous | LG grasping at straws | Sun CF 32-33 Rth

Nov 22-24 #s | CF 161.3? | Lionsgate: "Y U NO LIKE OUR ESTIMATES?"

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Lionsgate: "Y U NO LIKE OUR ESTIMATES?"

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

At this rate CW will become as big of a bo joke as BvS . Pathetic .

Are you being sarcastic? Cause if not, then, oh yeah, absolutely, 178M OW is a joke. 5th biggest OW of all time is ajoke. TOTALLY. It truly will be a joke if it drops nearly or as hard as BVS did on 2nd weekend. Until that happens, there is no way you can call the 5th biggest OW of all time a joke. Yeah, I'm slightly disappointed at it going under 180M too, but what the hell. People exaggerate so easily.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Catching Fire weekend thread was legendary. So many twists and turns. Meltdowns in all directions, lol.

Wish I had been around for it. So I guess my favourite was JW.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The MJ2 thread was a letdown compared to the threads for THG, CF and MJ1.

Matches his lolololol box office run. 

7 minutes ago, The47th said:

It makes you wonder if the MCU is relying on Iron Man more than we suspect.

RDJ heard that, so did his agent and banker

They'll put him in Thor and then everything else

Maybe he'll make a billion from 08 to 2025

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

I think my fave might be the CF one, but I'm biased since I went nuts with the title updates that weekend. We had crazy low numbers initially, so all the THG fans melted down, then the numbers swung back the other way and rebounded for the weekend, so all the Nolanites freaked out when it looked like it would pass TDK's OW. Then there was a late Sunday adjustment and CF fell underneath TDK. Plus, for added bonus, you had #Ed melting down over Peyton's horrible performance on Sunday Night Football.

Yeah that one came to mind as well. Good Stuff. Nolanites were coming out of the woodwork. Then the collective sigh of relief when CF didn't top it and they all disappeared back into the hole from whence they came. So funny.

• Like 1