CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

:sadben::sadben::sadben:

Congrats on the sex.

Don't worry, there has been 0 action here for like a year or something :sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben:

• Like 4

Just now, Wonder Midget said:

Was she hot at least?

She was too far away.

Although nothing will beat when I saw Michael Jackson's This Is It in theaters years ago when this one woman in the middle of the auditorium got up from her seat and started dancing during "Billie Jean". I imagine the people around her were doing everything they could not to burst into laughter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I've been busy having sex and watching basketball the last 24 hours. How's my $170m prediction doing? 

c464ed8f58452867ebca66942ad980ad.jpg

• Like 3

It's very simple. 

This was being sold more as an Avengers film than a Captain America film. As Baumer showed all those one-sheets in an earlier post. To the point where it was being called The Avengers 2.5 internally and the fact that it is a Goddamn Avengers film when you actually see it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Thor 3 won't sniff $300M. I do love the choice of director though. But, I say $250M+ DOM is likely though. I see Spidey coming in at just over/under $300M DOM.

Thor movies are atrocious.  I have no idea how they make the money they do.

• Like 2

Just now, Baumer said:

TDW had the Avengers boost but some weak legs. Ragnarok looks to fix a lot of the issues the previous two had.

26 minutes ago, kdx125 said:

And don't forget, that 166M was inflated by Good Friday.

Well, but Easter Sunday vs Mother's Day Sunday balances things I guess.

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

What is this? I accept no trashing of Branagh's Thor 1. 

tumblr_lnvd4u2O9B1qdlvg6o1_500.png

7 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

On the hot topic of Avengers vs Captain America title, I know that one of my friends who went to see Avengers wasn't interested in this, because he doesn't like Captain America, so he figured the movie was gonna be all from his perspective, and he's not interested in that.

He's not wrong. He doesn't mind him in ensemble movies, but a movie where he's leading? Nope.

this discrimination

tumblr_nnli40yNkK1r93jzno2_400.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

It's very simple. 

This was being sold more as an Avengers film than a Captain America film. As Baumer showed all those one-sheets in an earlier post. To the point where it was being called The Avengers 2.5 internally and the fact that it is a Goddamn Avengers film when you actually see it. 

IMO, if there's no Hulk and no Thor, it's not an Avengers movie. That said, this obviously has lots of Avengers in it, but also obviously, Captain America is clearly the star of the movie, its central figure. At least that's how I saw it yesterday. 

So it is like a 1/2 Avengers film, IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Thor 3 won't sniff $300M. I do love the choice of director though. But, I say $250M+ DOM is likely though. I see Spidey coming in at just over/under $300M DOM.

While I find Holland to be stupidly overpraised as Spidey (Yes, he's good especially bouncing off Downey but to say he's already better than Maguire and Garfield based on 10 minutes is fanboy bullshit), the goodwill from this will help. Plus the presence of Stark will be played hard in the marketing, regardless of if its a legit role or just a glorified cameo. So I'm with you on that figure.