CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

This is fun:

2 Zootopia BV $327,624,990 3,959 $327,624,990 100.0% 3/4/16
3 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice WB $327,250,133 4,256 $327,250,133 100.0% 3/25/16
4 The Jungle Book (2016) BV $284,985,265 4,144 $284,985,265 100.0% 4/15/16
5 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $284,316,033 4,134 $936,283,302 30.4% 12/18/15
6 The Revenant Fox $182,691,995 3,711 $183,564,514 99.5% 12/25/15
7 Captain America: Civil War BV $181,791,000 4,226 $181,791,000 100.0% 5/6/16
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I am the worst son.

My brother ordered flowers and I told him to tack my name on along with our jobless brother.

She loved the flowers though!

Thanks for sharing this. It makes me feel better about myself now. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

Thanks for sharing this. It makes me feel better about myself now. 

We're about to go out and eat lunch. Lunch is on me!

Sorry Sam

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

Except Deadpool being a smash hit and Civil War on pace to gross about 75-80% more than WS. WW.

Yep nothing extraordinary here.

For the 100th time: It's not a Captain America stand alone movie, saying it will gross 75-80% more than WS it true with 95% lie in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

For the 100th time: It's not a Captain America stand alone movie, saying it will gross 75-80% more than WS it true with 95% lie in it.

Who cares. Seriously. Get over it.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

181m OW is fantastic for a Captain America movie, far ahead the first 2 installments. A huge success once again.

The amount of denial in this forum is unbelievable.

Avengers Movie empowered with Spiderkid no less, but if it's making you feel better then keep telling urself it's a CA movie.

Captain America Civil War.

I passed basic reading comprehension and i dont see Avengers in that title.

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, Olive said:

Let's hope CW can generate some nice legs to push over Age of Ultron.

I think it will, it's already had a very back loaded OW. and I really think they are underestimating it a bit. it has phenomenal WoM. if it holds as well as WS it would make $491m.

not only that it has already outgrossed the First Avengers entire run in one weekend. it also has the biggest opening of 2016 by over $15m and I highly doubt anything will open higher, anyone who thinks this opening is disappointing is crazy.

And call it what you will but Captain America now holds to record for biggest Solo (ish) Superhero opening of all time!

Captain-America-Civl-War-All-Day.gif

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

The amount of denial in this forum is unbelievable.

Avengers Movie empowered with Spiderkid no less, but if it's making you feel better then keep telling urself it's a CA movie.

Unlike you I can read a title, no mention of Avengers + Spidey. Time to buy glasses my dear.

• Like 1

Ohana is right . even if he is mean spirited . Treating this as a simple captain America movie is denial at its highest, I mean  like being in the twilight zone or something. Hell the freakin poster had iron man/ captain America .

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Captain America Civil War.

I passed basic reading comprehension and i dont see Avengers in that title.

Yes, this movie made 180M because it was a Captain America movie. Not because it had Iron Man, Spider-Man and tons of other superheroes. Lol.

• Like 11

Just as i was in the midst of writing a post about how no one should be fine w/ this because it's actually an avengers movie i was suddenly visited by the ghost of my old business partner, Jacob Marley, who told me three ghosts are gonna visit me tonight and beat the shit outta me for being such a fucking dork. wow.

• Like 6