CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Because it was selling better on Fandango and had more sellouts in some areas.

And that's why it's a good news ^^ doing a bit less but more in adavnce selling is very good for its true friday/saturday/sunday.

that the real proof of not being frontloaded at all^^ it's what TA could have done or so with a 7 pm preview so don't panic will do 200m :)

Just now, Ohana said:

BvS had 27M on Thursday preview or so?

I'm a bit amazed CW only pulled 25M

BvS was a front-loaded movie.

MODERATION: PLEASE STICK TO BOX OFFICE COMPARISONS FOR BvS IN THIS WEEKEND THREAD.

1 minute ago, FTF said:

It's Avengers 2.5 (or 3)...you know it, I know it, we all know it, the world knows it.

It s both and the word Avengers doesn't appear anywhere in the marketing, posters or trailers.

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Thats a huge number. But it also tells us nothing in terms of what the weekend number will be. Range is probably 180-225.1 :)

It's sort of funny because I've been here for the OW of a lot of these Marvel films and every single time, the numbers are always underwhelming and people are disappointed.  But the correlation between an MCU film's preview #s had never been super impressive nor have they shown an accurate correlation to their final weekend or even Friday numbers.

It's like we never learn.

• Like 3

I was expecting 24ish going into the weekend and for the Summer game so I am pleased with 25m makes my 195m prediction seem legit. 

We shall see.... and dammit I am already out of likes *goes to renew membership*