CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

2 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

Witnessing both the Friday thread for BvS and CW a sports metaphor perhaps?

BvS is kind'a like that super athlete who decides to enter the Summer Olympics and everyone told you, you were too big to fail that you should be getting that Gold Medal no contest. So he trains hard for 3 long years, even postponing the Winter Olympics in between. He held his prelims in private, not wanting analysts to know. Until a few days before the competition, when he sprains his ankle rotten. He manages to still enter the race but finished just slightly out of the medal round (or Bronze if you count $166M as it).

Civil War is kind'a like that athlete who surprising qualified well in the Winter Olympics so people were expecting him to at least place somewhere in the medal round at Bronze. But he held open prelims weeks in advance before the competition, and his scores were so high and buzzing through the roof, that analysts started believing he might actually get the Gold. He enters the race, but he might have put too much trust on his prelims, however he still might end up finishing with a Silver Medal with a Gold Medal still within sight... (dot, dot, dot).

Yea, yea, yea, you're smart, we get it. 

Under BvS is inarguably disappointing

BvS to Iron Man 3 is arguably disappointing

Iron Man 3 to Ultron is expected

Over Ultron is great

That's my measuring stick.

Disney/Marvel films usually are more family type of films and have good Saturdays and Sundays, so the OW will be fine. The more important issue is that the OW isn't the important thing. The box office total is much more important. I think that this film will have good legs and an excellent domestic total.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

But that would be more interesting than it's going up :ph34r: 

I mean, I would seriously fear for the sanity of some here, but still...

165m is the magic number BOT needs.

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I'm fine.. Everything is going according to my prediction with a stellar 25M Preview and 75-80M Friday.. This is going to happen and I know you believe in me..

That, sure. You Saturday prediction, tho? No way. At most it does 70M.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

165m is the magic number BOT needs.

166M exactly. Not one cent more or less. 

And this place will need to build new wells. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Rth just messaged me...hahahahaha you guys are NOT going to like the new number

This is better than the garbage La Bonice pulled earlier, so at least we are trending in the right direction.

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

even though this is a fine number let's not be all like "this is incredible considering this is a Captain America movie". No, despite the title this is an Avengers movie and was marketed as such 

With Spiderman no less
Suddenly many forget that Spiderman is there as well.

Just now, movieboner said:

Its current tracking for $180-190 million ow makes it locked for $400 million dom and has a high chance of reaching $500 million dom. Worldwide, it's locked for $1.4 billion.

With $400m domestic, $1.4b total is hardly locked.

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

even though this is a fine number let's not be all like "this is incredible considering this is a Captain America movie". No, despite the title this is an Avengers movie and was marketed as such 

Now, the ones who predicted a 200-million-plus opening because it was a de-facto Avengers film will cling to "well, it was a Cap film after all. It's a fantastic opening" (and it is).

52 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

$75, eh? Well, it's early still. We'll see. But, $75M+ essentially locks an OW between Iron Man 3's $174M OW and Ultron's $191M OW. Excellent.

Which is exactly where it should be. If it makes more than that so be it.

If evenings blow up, it could still take Ultron though.

Just now, Sam said:

166M exactly. Not one cent more or less. 

And this place gonna will need to build new wells. 

I may cancel my mother's day plans this weekend if this movie ends up at $166 million weekend.

OMG, the meltdowns will be historic.

But of course, it ain't happening.

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

The weather is warm, this is the 1st movie to Usher in the Summer and this is getting fantastic WOM and will have very large crowds as always on Saturday and Sunday with show times beginning as early as 10:30AM.. 80-85M Saturday and 70-75M on Sunday.. Mother's dig Chris Evans and will flock to this for Mothers Day.. You watch buddy.. Hope you feel better.. ;)

I sure needed a good laugh. Yeah you have lost it :lol: 75M on Sunday? Lmao.