WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Poor Jeremy Renner. As if it wasn't bad enough that he replaced the star of a big franchise only to be replaced with...the original star.

Poor Jeremy Renner for appearing in hugely successful films 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, johnboy3434 said:

D'oh! I completely misread his question. If this weekend ends up at $72M, I'm thinking a total domestic gross of $489M.

I think that's a bit too high at this point. It would need about $200 million more after this weekend. 

2 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

D'oh! I completely misread his question. If this weekend ends up at $72M, I'm thinking a total domestic gross of $489M.

That's almost impossible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

That's almost impossible.

You think the same multiplier as Winter Soldier is impossible? Of course, I'm also assuming that the movie will be in wide release for ten weeks, which could easily not hold true.

Edited by johnboy3434

11 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

You think the same multiplier as Winter Soldier is impossible? Of course, I'm also assuming that the movie will be in wide release for ten weeks, which could easily not hold true.

Um, yes? Especially after a 60% drop for its second weekend and with far more competition after next week. Winter Soldier released in April where competition is lighter, and things are going to ramp up for Civil War if not next week, the week after with Alice in Wonderland and X-Men. It also opened far bigger and burned off a lot more demand up front as a result.

That's not to say Civil War is doing bad at all, but 490 million is essentially out of the question.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Fuck yo'... pies?

Fixed your post.

And yes a 2.7X was impossible from the beginning.

52 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Don't want to be a dick, but have you noticed that all of your projections have been way off?  You've been over-predicting it every day and every step of the way. You're coming down, but slightly.   

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Don't want to be a dick, but have you noticed that all of your projections have been way off?  You've been over-predicting it every day and every step of the way. You're coming down, but slightly.   

Yeah, I know I'm not all that good yet. I'm still refining my methods.

• Like 1

I think Money Monster will see a healthy increase today if my theater was anything to go by. Our showing was packed and there was a line forming for the next one afterwards (and yes, it was definitely on the older side, pretty sure my wife and I were the youngest people in the whole theater).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I think Money Monster will see a healthy increase today if my theater was anything to go by. Our showing was packed and there was a line forming for the next one afterwards (and yes, it was definitely on the older side, pretty sure my wife and I were the youngest people in the whole theater).

What'd you think of it?

Just saw Civil War, and I loved it. The action was great, and I really appreciated that they managed to juggle so many characters in one film, without really feeling overcrowded. Also I'm really pumped for Black Panther and Spider-Man: Homecoming as well.

• Like 1