WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Damn!! Lol. I'm holding you to this bet. 

He only owes $10 if loses. I think hell be ok.

15 minutes ago, CJohn said:

No problem, nobody will understand all of these references besides me :lol: 

JESUS AND BRUNO CARVALHO CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES!!!! BdC deleted his facebook account :rofl: 

They already are fucking each other (and Octávio Machado is with them), because they've got nobody else to support them, given how everybody else is laughing at their idiocy :rofl:

• Like 2

400 is a lock.

296m right now.

being a bit conservative,

remaining weekends:

22 (4-day; 18 3-day) (IM3 was 19.3/24.6)

2 (rest of weekends including dollar bump)

= 78

296 + 78 = 374, 26m away from 400m.

remaining weekdays (needs 26m):

last mon-thu it made 43m.

from all the remaining weekdays it will easily get the remaining 26m.  (will get ~17m this mon-thu itself).

35-40m more from weekdays (have not included memorial day here as it's part of long weekend)

296 + 78 + 35-40 = 409-414

Edited by a2knet

20 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

They already are fucking each other (and Octávio Machado is with them), because they've got nobody else to support them, given how everybody else is laughing at their idiocy :rofl:

It is a great day. All of them deserve this defeat because of all the shit they talked and because of what they did to Marco Silva. He must be laughing right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Overseas Civil War is dropping hard. Overseas WOM might not be as good as reviews 

So what does final overseas look like?  I just want it to gross 1.1b

Does that Sunday look a tad bit over-projected? From that Fri and Sat number, I'm not sure CW will make more than IM3's 2nd weekend.

Unless this movie does turn out to be a more adult-driven film and the Sunday + Monday drops won't be as hard as AoU/IM.

8 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So what does final overseas look like?  I just want it to gross 1.1b

1.1b is a sure thing.

it's on 645 os with an 84m weekend.

even 400 dom leaves just 55 more os.

edit:imo it's looking at 1180-1200

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

I can see why  the  movie  has  had large  drops.  We live in a ADD  generation  where  no one  has patience  anymore.  So there are people  who find the first half of the movie  boring.  I don't agree with them.  But I can see why they feel that way.  I thought it was really good with the conversations  between  certain  characters and would like more of those moments  in these films. I thought  it was rivitting so I'll  be going to see CW  for the 3rd time next weekend.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

Angry Birds update

Sony has come in with numbers for the international debut of The Angry Birds Movie which took off with $43M in 74 markets. In 37 of those, it grabbed the No. 1 perch. It also scored a record May opening for an original animated film. The inaugural flight topped The Lego Movie by 20% in the same grouping of markets and at current exchange rates

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

The other thing about this film that is being ignored is that its a 250 million dollar trailer for the next Spiderman. I can assure u this film just got a whole lot of people excited for the next Spiderman film....myself included. So regardless what this film makes it has done exactly what Disney hoped it would.

And Black Panther.  And Ant-Man.  More ppl saw the latter in this than they did his own film. 

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nilephelan said:

Weren't you the same guy only a few days ago saying that The Jungle Book wouldn't reach $300m and multiple people had to point out to you that it was a mathematical certainty and you said "we shall see"?  Then we laid out the week by week numbers and you still didn't believe it?  

Yeah, that was you, so forgive if I am laughing that you are now doing the same weird song and dance with Civil War.  

Let me help you though again even though I shouldn't.....

- Deadpool is at $362m

- Civil War is at $295m after today.  It will make about $15m this week and $35m next weekend giving it $345m.  It will do $7m and $18m the following week and weekend giving it $370m.  

Is that a good enough answer for you?  

Don't confuse something that is empirically likely with a mathematical certainty.