WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Why wouldn't CW be frontloaded? By now this series has an ongoing storyline and set audience. Obviously a new film like Ant Man will be less frontloaded 

Obviously a film like CW is gonna be always frontloaded. The question is HOW frontloaded. And why the fuck is being more frontloaded than Ultron.

Maybe people are needing a break?

Infinity Wars is 2 years away.

Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Spider Man, Thor and GOTG come before it though. 

GOTG will be the only $800m+ movie out of those though, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, picores said:

Obviously a film like CW is gonna be always frontloaded. The question is HOW frontloaded. And why the fuck is being more frontloaded than Ultron.

Maybe its acting like an Avenger movie, like most think it is, and not like a CAP movie that some keep insisting it to be.

Ultron had fine WOM and was a little more kid-friendly

Also the more of these things we get the more frontloaded they're going to become.

I expect it to rebound in the coming weeks and start holding a little better but it's doing fine

lol @ the people who were saying this had Avengers WOM and would have Avengers legs last weekend, tho

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, picores said:

So Civil War drop is gonna be in line with Ultron after a smaller OW....this a WTF scenario. Civil War has better WOM, i think that's a fact. So far, except Monday, drops have been average to bad. Can someone explain me WHY?

Whether we want to admit it or not, and even though these numbers are still phenomenal, the reality is that these characters have lost their novelty. At this point, MCU movies and CBMs in general are not going to do Avengers-type numbers anymore. The thrill is gone, people. The movie is a hit (duh), but a million superhero films a year guarantees that the numbers and the legs will be more subdued.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Maybe people are needing a break?

Infinity Wars is 2 years away.

Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Spider Man, Thor and GOTG come before it though. 

GOTG will be the only $800m+ movie out of those though, IMO. 

Solo debuts shouldn't be expected to hit 700 m.

But Spider-man has a good chance at 800+ m.

Even the awful ASM2 made 700 m.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Solo debuts shouldn't be expected to hit 700 m.

But Spider-man has a good chance at 800+ m.

Even the awful ASM2 made 700 m.

Oh yeh I agree, no I wouldn't expect them to. I mean it'll give people some breathing room before Infinity Wars. 

30 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Box office.com prediction 605m

:rofl:

Their prediction is no more wrong than folks here that were jumping on down that the movie was going to perform like a Captain America movie. Or people that were insisting it wasn't going to open more than $150m+

22 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Why wouldn't CW be frontloaded? By now this series has an ongoing storyline and set audience. Obviously a new film like Ant Man will be less frontloaded 

CW is front loaded because the OW was inflated by good reviews and buzz.

There was a rush to go see it by a passionate fanbase.

But the typical bandwagon jumper and fairweather fan was not invested enough to get back onboard.

These other casual fans make the difference between 620 m DOM and 450 m DOM.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Foster's flawless French always surprises me. She has no accent whatsoever. 

Didn’t she attend a French prep school and live in France for an extended period of her childhood? I have read that she often dubs her own films for the French-language markets.

Maybe we in our bubble of movie fandom are in the minority  thinking CW>>>AOU.  Maybe the people who see one or two movies a year cared more to see AOU than CW.  I mean with how many films the average forum member views per year compared to the average person  we do have a somewhat different  perspective. ..

31 minutes ago, phoeeeel said:

I am just confused. Why would it have a worse 2nd weekend drop than IM3 and AOU with a much better WOM? It should be more front loading than CA:WS, but as front loading as or even more front loading than IM3 and AOU? :what:

I am believing that piracy is hurting CW significantly. The day to day drop was good until the high quality version hit internet. That's like the only logical reason I can think of right now. :sadben:

You know, Kodi has gotten VERY VERY popular.  I actually think it might have hurt it.  I've only watched it twice in the theaters (3D and IMAX).  I'm not going to lie, probably won't pay for it a 3rd time IF I feel like watching it again.