The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Number 52

Ratatouille (2007)

44 Points (18 Votes, Avg Score 44.7222)

ratatouille.10390.jpg

" If you focus on what you left behind you will never see what lies ahead!"

Top 5 Placements: 1 Placement

Top 10 Placements: 1 Placement

Changes in Rankings Over Time: 2014 (31, -21), 2013 (62, +10), 2012 (51, -1)

Tomatometer: 96%

Box Office: 206.45m (257.46m Adjusted)

Most Notable Awards Recognition: Won 1 Oscar

IMDb Synopsis: A rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great French chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic profession. When fate places Remy in the sewers of Paris, he finds himself ideally situated beneath a restaurant made famous by his culinary hero, Auguste Gusteau. Despite the apparent dangers of being an unlikely - and certainly unwanted - visitor in the kitchen of a fine French restaurant, Remy's passion for cooking soon sets into motion a hilarious and exciting rat race that turns the culinary world of Paris upside down. 

Critic Opinion: "Thus, tolerance is the driving theme underpinning Ratatouille, another winning animated adventure from the good folks at Pixar. Not only funny, engaging and entertaining from beginning to end, but a picture which delivers an abundance of heartwarming messages.

That rare film which can be heartily recommended for the whole family, except maybe for those tykes who might be scared by its super-realistic depiction of rodents." - Kam Williams

User Opinion: "It's beautiful. I loved this magnificent ass movie." - angeldelmito

Personal Comment: Pixar comes in with their second movie on our countdown, and also the fourth animated movie so far.  Ratatouille also marks the 10th movie from the 2000s decade on our countdown, tying the decade with the 80s for the second most amount of movies on our countdown so far.  Ratatouille was one of Pixar's smaller films, and usually not as well remembered as the massive hits like Finding Nemo or Toy Story 3, but the film has garnered a strong fanbase, especially on the internet.  Ratatouille is also Brad Bird's first film to make the countdown, Bird being best known for his strong animated works and hit-or-miss record for live action.  Ratatouille is an intelligent and clean animation that is very hard to not at the very least admire.

"I don't like food, I LOVE it, I don't love it I don't swallow!"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

i remember watching the social network in 2010 but i haven't watched it since so i don't remember what I think about it lmao. but it had brenda song in it so thats a plus. i should watch it again

Social Network kind of freaked me out, because while watching the initial scene where he's talking to his girlfriend, I suddenly realized that he's clearly autistic and probably has Asbergers. And on top of that, I realized that about half my friends in high school were probably on the autistic spectrum somewhere (albeit really smart and high functioning), and that the single thing I might have actually been the best at in high school was connecting with autistic people. It was a strangely emotional 5 minutes.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

i remember watching the social network in 2010 but i haven't watched it since so i don't remember what I think about it lmao. but it had brenda song in it so thats a plus. i should watch it again

double post

Edited by Wrath

Whoo some good films showing up tonight minus the overated trash that is Kane ;)

Oz, Seven, Ratatouille, Truman Show - Yup those are great choices

Social Network - I can accept because you know that script by Sorkin is just beautiful

• Like 1

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Whoo some good films showing up tonight minus the overated trash that is Kane ;)

Oz, Seven, Ratatouille, Truman Show - Yup those are great choices

Social Network - I can accept because you know that script by Sorkin is just beautiful

You can blame me for it showing up today rather than yesterday.

8 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Truman Show is a very good movie but he's made quite a few good to excellent movies.

Witness is my favorite Weir (which I forgot to vote for) and The Last Wave might be second.

Witness is dull mediocrity. No interesting characters whatsoever, nothing to care about in the movie at all.

and lol Master and Commander, the movie is so forgettable that I was not sure if I had seen it despite doing Weir marathon just a few months ago.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Goffe said:

and lol Master and Commander, the movie is so forgettable that I was not sure if I had seen it despite doing Weir marathon just a few months ago.

Ironic for me that you say that right after raving about THE WAY BACK, a film I liked but which felt like Weir was treading water creatively. :) 

It's difficult to relate lol. I haven't seen 99% of these old films. And for those that I have, I barely remember them. I wish there was a list, even just a top 50 one, for post 2000 releases. I am curious to know what the oldies think of the more recently-released ones.

48 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It's difficult to relate lol. I haven't seen 99% of these old films. And for those that I have, I barely remember them. I wish there was a list, even just a top 50 one, for post 2000 releases. I am curious to know what the oldies think of the more recently-released ones.

there was top 100 films of the 21st century. it was last year I think. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Didn't we just do one?