WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

I am about to blow a gasket having to repeat myself over and over, if you (or BKB & NP) don't understand how piracy is having zero effect beyond the normal blockbuster & how Civil War is performing almost exactly in line compared to AOU & IM3 then it's pointless to keep going. Literally everyone on here but those two thinks that argument is conspiracy nonsense. Now I'm done.

I'm not one to usually agree with giantcal..but I do this time...100%!

• Like 8

CA:CW is increasing over CA:WS, big time and is going to hit $400m domestic. Hitting that was my upper level of expectation anyway so I'm super thrilled with it's performance. 

It'll be at or about $350m domestic with today's receipts. No one should be crying in their beer about this films performance. Disney won't be. 

• Like 1

The conspiracy theory guys still need to explain me how American Sniper and The Revenant did so much with crystal clean copies available online 1 month before their wide releases.

They always avoid explaining this one.

• Like 5

I wanna see your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock, cock
Your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock
I wanna see your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock, cock
Your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock

Seriously, just whip it out and get this piracy measuring contest over with.

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I'm not one to usually agree with giantcal..but I do this time...100%!

It takes a lot to get almost everyone to agree on something here, could we all be the crazy ones? I guess it's possible in one of the infinite universes in the multiverse but we aren't in this one.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DAJK said:

July as a whole is going to be big. Either BFG or Tarzan or both will do100M+, SLOP will be 250+, Ghostbusters will open to more than 50M, Star Trek looks fantastic, Ice Age will be massive overseas, and Bourne will gross similar to Ultimatum. 

Neither will hit 80M

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I loved the comments and references on society during Zootopia. It elevated it beyond just another kids cartoon.

I've had to start watching cartoon films recently because my boyfriend likes them.

I had to go and see Minions (horrendous) and Inside Out (boring) last year. Zootopia was far better. Zootopia was miles better than The Jungle Book too, which bored me.

Secret Life of Pets will explode this summer, that trailer gets laughs from adult audiences nevermind just the target children.

Yeah, I agree with this. Inside Out really disappointed me (and so did Big Hero 6, while we're at it) so I was half-expecting Zootopia to do the same. I was very happy without how much I ended up enjoying it. I might even call it my favourite of Disney's Revival Era so far (replacing Tangled) but I'll watch it a few more times before I do. I'm glad it's done and is doing so well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, movieboner said:

I hope Civil War's weekend gross will go up with actuals :)

I am hoping it's Sunday will be better than the 33.3% drop (which imo they used to have it at 33.1m). Could go down as well but looking at IM3 and AOU, this Sunday held better than the previous one for them. 33.5m please.

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I am hoping it's Sunday will be better than the 33.3% drop (which imo they used to have it at 33.1m). Could go down as well but looking at IM3 and AOU, this Sunday held better than the previous one for them. 33.5m please.

I don't recall but did either of AoU or IM3 fall on Memorial Day weekend here? If so, that's why each had softer drops on Sunday.

15 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I don't recall but did either of AoU or IM3 fall on Memorial Day weekend here? If so, that's why each had softer drops on Sunday.

No, like with CA3 MD was the 4th weekend for them too.

Sunday 2nd vs 3rd weekend was -35.2% vs -29.8% for IM3 and -33% vs -32.4% for AOU.

So a lot better for IM3. Marginally better for AOU but hardly a trend. So I am being optimistic maybe.

(MD Sundays were great ofcourse)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, but the implication is that it's still just kiddie fodder.

Yeh, not an implication, a fact. It's a cartoon for children.

I'm saying adults are howling at the trailers too. They're the ones who pay for the tickets and drive to the cinema.

Secret Life of Pets will do $300m+.

• Like 2

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

I am about to blow a gasket having to repeat myself over and over, if you (or BKB & NP) don't understand how piracy is having zero effect beyond the normal blockbuster & how Civil War is performing almost exactly in line compared to AOU & IM3 then it's pointless to keep going. Literally everyone on here but those two thinks that argument is conspiracy nonsense. Now I'm done.

The big irony here is that I'm about one of the those who firmly believe that piracy has no effect on CW's performance. Here are two posts I wrote a few days ago:

Spoiler

The difference though, is that I know that can be wrong which is why I tried to discuss it with him rather than dismiss his opinion. Implying that the majority is always right in a BO thread is laughable. I wonder whether the "majority" would have guessed that a movie like Deadpool could do $350m+.

• Like 1