WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

Which is the biggest positive surprise out of DP, ZOOTP, TJB looking at DOM, OS and WW?

I think,

DOM - #1 DP (TJB is set to beat it but still DP is a bigger shocker if you see ratio of expectations vs final gross) #2 TJB #3 ZOOTP

OS - #1 ZOOTP #2 TJB #3 DP

WW - #1 ZOOTP #2 TJB-DP tie

Edited by a2knet

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Yes the success is just amazing. I think with longer legs on the lower side (those $300k-$500k weekends can add up) 345m could happen and Disney might give it a minor expansion who knows. On top of that 1b ww is happening. So incredulous.

Can't comment on the movie, haven't watched it.

No need to be incredulous. Zootopia is obviously crossing the $1B line eventually.

On another note, I'm surprised that you haven't seen it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

No, I didn't watch it which is why I'm asking?? I've read reviews of the movie that stated there was a PC Message in the movie..

Does "PC message" now mean anything remotely related to treating others nicely? And would you expect an animated movie to have any sort of theme that wasn't "PC"?

Obviously the reason it has great legs is because all these families wanted to make sure they saw the PC message. It doesn't have anything to do with whether they liked the movie. 

(C'mon, man!)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

No, I didn't watch it which is why I'm asking?? I've read reviews of the movie that stated there was a PC Message in the movie..

The same kind of PC message that's been in cartoons for decades. "You can be anything," and "Don't judge others based on appearances" nothing really new or groundbreaking. Just timely, I guess.

• Like 1

I loved the comments and references on society during Zootopia. It elevated it beyond just another kids cartoon.

I've had to start watching cartoon films recently because my boyfriend likes them.

I had to go and see Minions (horrendous) and Inside Out (boring) last year. Zootopia was far better. Zootopia was miles better than The Jungle Book too, which bored me.

Secret Life of Pets will explode this summer, that trailer gets laughs from adult audiences nevermind just the target children.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Secret Life of Pets will explode this summer, that trailer gets laughs from adult audiences nevermind just the target children.

I second this.  

The reaction to the Secret Life of Pets trailers and toys has been huge.  That thing is going $300m+ in July.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I loved the comments and references on society during Zootopia. It elevated it beyond just another kids cartoon.

I've had to start watching cartoon films recently because my boyfriend likes them.

I had to go and see Minions (horrendous) and Inside Out (boring) last year. Zootopia was far better. Zootopia was miles better than The Jungle Book too, which bored me.

black and white vintage angry get out gtfo

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

I second this.  

The reaction to the Secret Life of Pets trailers and toys has been huge.  That thing is going $300m+ in July.  

Yeah, but the implication is that it's still just kiddie fodder.

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I third this... I think, unless it's a terrible movie, it grosses $300M+ DOM.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

You do realize the entire forum has been mocking you & BKB for two weeks straight on this right? To the point it's beyond not funny anymore... Just please stop for your own good & for the sake of this joke finally going away.

I don't really get this logic. Are you saying that he's wrong because you said so? Or because the majority is against him? If he can back up his arguments, that's far more valuable in a BO discussion thread than just calling something a joke because you disagree with it.

• Like 2

July as a whole is going to be big. Either BFG or Tarzan or both will do100M+, SLOP will be 250+, Ghostbusters will open to more than 50M, Star Trek looks fantastic, Ice Age will be massive overseas, and Bourne will gross similar to Ultimatum. 

11 minutes ago, Agafin said:

I don't really get this logic. Are you saying that he's wrong because you said so? Or because the majority is against him? If he can back up his arguments, that's far more valuable in a BO discussion thread than just calling something a joke because you disagree with it.

You don't get the logic that the forum has been making a joke about the piracy argument for two weeks? No helping you then & pointless to keep talking about this. This discussion is the antithesis of "valuable."

Btw it is 100% wrong & I am 100% right. Thanks though. BKB & NP have ZERO support other than crazy conspiracy theories.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

You don't get the logic that the forum has been making a joke about the piracy argument for two weeks? No helping you then & pointless to keep talking about this. This discussion is the antithesis of "valuable."

Why should he care if people make a joke of it? As long as he's not trolling, there's absolutely no reason to not keep reiterating what he thinks, at least while it's still relevant (and since CW is still in the top 10, it is still a relevant thing to discuss). I could understand your complain if he was just spamming the board with fanboy comments devoid of any substance like "it should've had a 3.00 multi", 'WOM was so great" etc but so far, he's been using actual data and trends from past movies to come to his conclusions that CW is not behaving like it should according to him. That is valuable imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Why should he care if people make a joke of it? As long as he's not trolling, there's absolutely no reason to not keep reiterating what he thinks, at least while it's still relevant (and since CW is still in the top 10, it is still a relevant thing to discuss). I could understand your complain if he was just spamming the board with fanboy comments devoid of any substance like "it should've had a 3.00 multi", 'WOM was so great" etc but so far, he's been using actual data and trends from past movies to come to his conclusions that CW is not behaving like it should according to him. That is valuable imo.

I am about to blow a gasket having to repeat myself over and over, if you (or BKB & NP) don't understand how piracy is having zero effect beyond the normal blockbuster & how Civil War is performing almost exactly in line compared to AOU & IM3 then it's pointless to keep going. Literally everyone on here but those two thinks that argument is conspiracy nonsense. Now I'm done.

• Like 3