CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

The actress who plays the Mermaid is legit. super model beautiful. Not "good looking getting Hollywood dolled up" but model-type features with skin and one structure. It's almost distracting in a way that women used to describe Brad Pitt or Henry Cavill. Waiting for the "wooden acting" comments because people are too busy oogling her and don't take her seriously (as a fucking mermaid...). 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

Decent trailer, but I'm really not feeling this movie box office-wise anymore. Was on board the 400M train a few months ago, but I'm lowering my prediction to Cinderella (2015) numbers. Who knows, maybe it can pull off a miracle... we all remember what we thought Aladdin was going to gross a few months before it came out.

This looks hideous lighting-wise...still gonna make crazy money. I'm friends with some Disney Adults and follow a lot of Black Twitter members, and they are stanning this big time. We'll all whine and complain, but hopefully Halle gets better movies from this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Are there any other live action feature remakes in the pipeline, or is this the last of these monstrosities? Are they going to get so desperate they’ll do Hercules next? 

They already announced Hercules lol. They even got Guy Ritchie on board again, because he was bored I guess.

And some of their more recent films are for sure getting a greenlight. Florence Pugh and Taron Egerton are resisting, but they will be cast for a live-action Tangled that's probably dropping in about 2028 or something.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Are there any other live action feature remakes in the pipeline, or is this the last of these monstrosities? Are they going to get so desperate they’ll do Hercules next? 

there now even doing their 2000 movies with a live-action lilo and stitch 

9 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Aside from the planned Hercules movie, there’s also a live action Snow White next year.

14 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Meh. I am thinking this will underperform big time. 

I'm thinking this will perform exactly as I expected - which was a lot under what most thought...

I consider the same scenario we have coming this month with DnD/Mermaid to the following week's Mario/Spiderverse.  Not an absolute disaster, but gonna get overshadowed alot, even if it ends up good.

• Like 1

2023 summer is extremely packed. Big pile up of movies after covid delays.

Safe to say TLM won't be pulling a TGM in terms of legs.

This movie is going to really sensitive to reviews, unlike the last Dis remakes. I feel lots of people are waiting for those good reviews before buying tickets.

Maybe A2 just ruined underwater VFX, but why do they look not good here? That’s concerning. And YUCK at them going the soulless TLK remake route with hyper realism for the animal character designs. Much less optimistic on the box office now from that trailer. Bailey is definitely seeming like the most/only inspired thing about this so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Aside from the planned Hercules movie, there’s also a live action Snow White next year.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame remake was also in the works if I remember well so yeah counting Mufasa and Aladdin 2 there's remakes untill...2026? Before they jump on Princess and the Frog/Tangled which will be 17-18 years old.

• Sad 1