CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is not a CBM movie. Nobody will create the same discussions it happen when a Marvel or DC movie open lol.

6 minutes ago, RichWS said:

9 out of 10 people wouldn't refer to it as a CBM. We all know it from the cartoon.

Without a doubt, the cartoon is much more famous and influential than the comics in the case of TMNT (as opposed to something like X-Men or Batman, which had hit cartoons, but are still primarily known as comic books).

But this isn't some matter that's up for debate or worthy of an opinion poll. It's a simple FACT. TMNT is a CBM. Fact. By definition. CBM's are defined as properties that originated as comic books.

9 out of 10 people might have no idea that it's a CBM, but that doesn't change the fact that it is.

Ghost World is a CBM. Timecop is a CBM. A History of Violence is a CBM. Tank Girl is a CBM. CBM's don't have to be superhero movies. They're two different terms.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, MarvelandDC said:

Has TMNT become the new transformers?

The first one was damn horrible. Even BvS had a more audience and critic ratings than TMNT

One difference: It actually had good legs.

It seems like the kind of movie that's criticproof.

2 minutes ago, MarvelandDC said:

The first one was damn horrible. Even BvS had a more audience and critic ratings than TMNT

I watched the first one on TV. I thought it alright. Just a messy lighthearted adventure film for the kids. Not great, but serviceable.

1 minute ago, kitik said:

Without a doubt, the cartoon is much more famous and influential than the comics in the case of TMNT (as opposed to something like X-Men or Batman, which had hit cartoons, but are still primarily known as comic books).

But this isn't some matter that's up for debate or worthy of an opinion poll. It's a simple FACT. TMNT is a CBM. Fact. By definition. CBM's are defined as properties that originated as comic books.

9 out of 10 people might have no idea that it's a CBM, but that doesn't change the fact that it is.

Ghost World is a CBM. Timecop is a CBM. A History of Violence is a CBM. Tank Girl is a CBM. CBM's don't have to be superhero movies. They're two different terms.

Lawd, to think that there was one point in time where Hollywood tried to pass Lori Petty off as sexy.

4 minutes ago, kitik said:

Ghost World is a CBM. Timecop is a CBM. A History of Violence is a CBM. Tank Girl is a CBM. CBM's don't have to be superhero movies. They're two different term

If Josie and the Pussycats came out today how many people would lose their minds over it being called a CBM?

And they are best known from the comic!

Edited by department store basement

4 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

One difference: It actually had good legs.

It seems like the kind of movie that's criticproof.

Smh.

I hope it flops. The new TMNT movies are nothing but an insult.

Edited by MarvelandDC

3 minutes ago, kitik said:

Blue is The Warmest Color too. 

7 minutes ago, MarvelandDC said:

What is that supposed to mean?

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Apparently some people don't understand that lol.

14 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Right? I feel like I'm talking to Comic Book Guy: "Well, ACTUALLY Turtles started out as a comic book HENCE it is officially a CBM regardless of your obvious meaning."

Seriously? Screw both of you.  You can't say one thing and then say I'm stupid for not knowing that you meant something completely different.

Seriously? When you typed CBM's, you actually meant to say "idiotic superhero threads"? And I'm stupid for not knowing that TMNT isn't a "Marvel v DC thread"?

13 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Let me rephrase my original statement for you guys: "I'm looking forward to the next two months before Suicide Squad as that is the next superhero movie."

That work?

well yes, since that actually means something completely different, then yes, that makes a lot more sense,

thank you

• Like 1