CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

was wondering what i coulda missed in this thread since i'm 40 pages behind, so i go to the most recent post and it's just futurist rehashing his birdman snark again. so i guess nothing. same old whatevers.

You were expecting something new?

Watching Leonardo Di Caprio creating liters of practical saliva in The Revenant for two hours and a half, was awe inspiring.

I could almost felt being spat on watching the movie, that s how realistic and artistic it was.

The movie won Oscars I heard.

Riveting stuff.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Watching Leonardo Di Caprio creating liters of practical saliva in The Revenant for two hours and a half, was awe inspiring.

I could almost felt being spat on watching the movie, that s how realistic and artistic it was.

The movie won Oscars I heard.

Riveting stuff.

Maybe you saw it in 4DX? :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Watching Deadpool to welcome our new overlords :depp:

You didn't see it in theaters? VISIONARY AUTEUR TIM MILLER will save us from the blind leaders we have been followed for the last few years.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You didn't see it in theaters? VISIONARY AUTEUR TIM MILLER will save us from the blind leaders we have been followed for the last few years.

I saw it in theaters but watching for first time since then.

iJack won y'all

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol for all the buzz her casting, that was such a nothing role for Olivia Munn. Why they got someone semi-famous, I have no idea. At least she made a stronger impression than that 12 year-old with wings.

Pretty sure she doesn't even have a line following her recruitment scene.

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I saw it in theaters but watching for first time since then.

iJack won y'all

iJack must be masturbating furiously to Tim Miller and Kevin Feige pictures.

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol for all the buzz her casting, that was such a nothing role for Olivia Munn. Why they got someone semi-famous, I have no idea. At least she made a stronger impression than that 12 year-old with wings.

That kid went from randomly being on EastEnders (a UK soap opera) to being in Xmen.

I wonder if he's been to any pool parties recently.

• Like 1

I fucking loved X-Men. I don't know why the critics hated it? It's every bit as good as  DOFP. It might even be my favorite. 

But was there a credits scene? My mom made me leave. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Pretty sure she doesn't even have a line following her recruitment scene.

Split them up.

*Aaron Rodgers throwing surface gif*

• Like 2

Fox is lucky because Alice is flopping hard ( both domestic and overseas grosses are horrible ). So, chances are that X-Men will hold well against Alice, for its next weekends.

I was really thinking Alice would smash and crush X-Men at box office, BUT that doesn't seem to be the case.

I really think Warcraft would be the movie destroying everything, BUT at least that doesn't seem to be the case with domestic numbers ( predictions are really low for this movie ). So, chances are that X-Men is also probably going to hold well against Warcraft, at least regarding domestic numbers.

While the opening weekend itself might end up being disappointing, Fox has nothing to worry about. They already had a huge profit with Deadpool. Apocalypse won't make less than 500 million worldwide, either. It's all good. 

I really loved Apocalypse and I had a hell of fun with the movie. Deadpool 2, Wolverine 3 will be made, no matter how disappointing are numbers for Apocalypse. People really need to calm down. :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Frozen said:

I fucking loved X-Men. I don't know why the critics hated it? It's every bit as good as  DOFP. It might even be my favorite. 

But was there a credits scene? My mom made me leave. 

Yes, and if you google it there are write ups of exactly what it means.  My personal opinion is that you don't lose anything by having it described over seeing it play out.  Others can chime in if they disagree.

I really liked the movie, too.   I did have to suspend some disbelief on cgi but since we are starting the story with mutants, I figured suspending some disbelief was always going to be a given.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

JUST CALL ME ANGEL OF THE MOOOOOOOOOOORNING

I like how Apocalypse actually has a gratuitous cameo, without the irony. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AJG said:

Just looking at Alice 2's BO so far...

They really think people will turn up for 7 Avatar films? They might not show up for the first sequel.

Sure they will.  One is the highest grossing film of all time and is locked to do incredibly well.  The other is Alice....a nice fun film that rode the coat tails of Avatar's success.

• Like 3