CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

1 minute ago, Blankie CK said:

So to someone who's been away from the box office all weekend: does this mean Angry Birds and Alice won't hit 100M??

Alice might not even make a fraction of the first one. It might end up with an even worse retention % than My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, something that probably would've been considered insane just a week ago.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

X-Meh continues his performance OS and DOM. 55M OS weekend. Kinda crappy tbh. 

It had a 100 million opening for its first weekend overseas, it made 30 million more during the week and 55 million for its second weekend.

I say that's a good hold, by all means. It dropped less than 50% overall and still managed to hold Alice quite well. 

It still has China and Japan coming around.  This can easily get to 400-430 overseas, if not a little more. 600 million worldwide still possible.

X-men won't need to worry about Alice and Warcraft ( predicted to flop ), regarding domestic box office.  TMNT 2 is probably the one that might give a run for its money.

All in all, 600-610 million for X-Men possible. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

X-Meh continues his performance OS and DOM. 55M OS weekend. Kinda crappy tbh. 

RIP X-Men franchise. 2000 - Oscar Isaac

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blankie CK said:

So to someone who's been away from the box office all weekend: does this mean Angry Birds and Alice won't hit 100M??

Possibly, makes me mad too because I had all three pegged just under 100m, and last minute put Alice on my summer list.

I won't be surprised if Fox scrap the future Xmen film and focuses more on Xforce, I think they might rework New Mutants to become "X-Men: New Mutants" just because of the rights issues. 

Edited by AJG

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

people compare Civil War to the HP films. It is actually holding worse than most HP films. It is also the worst Memorial Day fall of any May superhero movie

It's the piracy and you know it!

Just now, The Panda said:

We need Dory to save us all.  It's the only sequel this summer (besides Civil War) that I don't see disappointing.

Expectations are so high that Dory will disappoint too! Just like Civil War

• Like 2

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

So where's all the people who claimed "Jennifer Lawrence is a box office draw" even after Joy? Do they still think she is now?

I don't think there's any actor that's a Box Office draw nowadays.

• Like 3