CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

Just now, CJohn said:

Yes. It is dead. It might do 70M there if lucky.

Just now, Belakor said:

It will open 5 days before WC, lol.

Holy Shit.

under $450Mil WW... can it happen? Will it happen? 

Just got back from watching X-Men. What the fuck? Why is this getting so much hate in some circles? It is better than all CBMs this year and probably the best X-Men to date. I just had the best time in theaters since the last Hobbit. Glad I decided to ignore the critics (again lol). 

Edited by James
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

It's very commonplace for the post-MD movie to have better legs actually.

Get Him to the Greek had better legs than Sex and the City 2 and Prince of Persia. Same with Knocked Up and Pirates 3, and The Break-Up and X3.

Legs are definitely more common for sure, but San Andreas, Maleficent, SWATH, Nemo, Azkaban and Up all made more than the MD weekend releases and were much bigger hits as well. NYSM vs Hangover 3 is another example as well. Basically saying that the trend suggests MD weekend may not be the huge box office weekend it used to be anymore.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Legs are definitely more common for sure, but San Andreas, Maleficent, SWATH, Nemo, Azkaban and Up all made more than the MD weekend releases and were much bigger hits as well. NYSM vs Hangover 3 is another example as well. Basically saying that the trend suggests MD weekend may not be the huge box office weekend it used to be anymore.

No. MIB3 made more than SWATH. 179m to 155m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James said:

Just got back from watching X-Men. What the fuck? Why is this getting so much hate in some circles? It is better than all CBM's this year and probably the best X-Men to date. I just had the best time in theaters since the last Hobbit. Glad I decided to ignore the critics (again lol). 

critics can go to hell.

• Like 1

I just want to make clear that I do believe besides the fanboys nobody cares about these superhero movies anymore and is why Civil War legs are shit, because WOM is mediocre/bad between the GA. Report me again if you guys want lol.

Same with BvS and soon to be Apocalypse.

6 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Ant-Man's run wasn't good? So reaching 180M+ off a 57M opening DOM, and reaching over 500M+ WW off a ~160-170M PTA included budget is bad? The same Ant-Man starring Paul Rudd? Come the fuck on, people. Unless you had billion dollar expectations for it, which I don't know why you would've, no way you can consider it a bad run.

Ant-Man did great. It had some of the best legs a Marvel film has had. That $55 some odd million OW was one of the lowest for Marvel and it still ended up grossing around the same as Thor and CA: TFA. Those were also released when 3D wasn't looked down upon as much.

Also worth noting I've met a lot of people who have seen or rented Ant-Man on home video and loved the film. Adding his great role in Civil War and I bet Ant-Man and the Wasp should have a fairly sizable increase over the original. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I just want to make clear that I do believe besides the fanboys nobody cares about these superhero movies anymore and is why Civil War legs are shit, because WOM is mediocre/bad between the GA. Report me again if you guys want lol.

Wom for Civil War isn't bad. It probably isn't as gushing as the fanboy reviews though 

Just now, John Marston said:

Wom for Civil War isn't bad. It probably isn't as gushing as the fanboy reviews though 

It is mediocre as fuck. It just had a bigger Memorial weekend drop than fucking TASM2. No spinning on that.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You got reported? Lmao

• Like 5

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

You got reported? Lmao

I report Tele all the time for poisoning the well. Only fair that CJohn the Accursed does as well

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

No.. CIVIL WAR is exactly what the reviews state: It's Stellar and the best yet.. As far as the box office drop this Memorial Day Weekend, I find it funny that no one has mentioned the fact that it's not the movies that are bad, it's the fact people are traveling this weekend and give 0 fucks about going to the movies.. It's the 1st day of the Summer Season and people can go to the movies any time and instead, choose to travel this weekend...

Sure Jan.

• Like 2