La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

I'm glad X-Men Apocalypse is falling hard! Actually i hate all the X-Men movie's. I hope one day FOX will lose all the rights of the X-MEN and the Fantastic four, they destroyed [mod edit] those franchises so hard even Disney's Marvel can't fix those franchises anymore. Days of future past is one of the most overrated super hero flixs ever....i hate the time traveling thing so much, i still don't understand why it got good reviews it was so boring. Shame on you FOX....shame on you FOX by [mod edit] destroying my favorite 90s super hero cartoon!!

6 hours ago, Life goes on said:

I'm glad X-Men Apocalypse is falling hard! Actually i hate all the X-Men movie's. I hope one day FOX will lose all the rights of the X-MEN and the Fantastic four, they destroyed [mod edit] those franchises so hard even Disney's Marvel can't fix those franchises anymore. Days of future past is one of the most overrated super hero flixs ever....i hate the time traveling thing so much, i still don't understand why it got good reviews it was so boring. Shame on you FOX....shame on you FOX by [mod edit] destroying my favorite 90s super hero cartoon!!

I feel the same way about Disney/Marvel films

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I feel the same way about Disney/Marvel films

Than you're in the minority. it's not difficult to understand why the MCU is a big succes and the X-men and Fantastic four are not. Those franchises are a big mess after the reboots, it's the same with the DCU.

3 hours ago, superweirdo87 said:

:( it is dispiriting. Though, 22M would be similar to what would be expected if the movie had drops like X3, and they both have negative critical response. Both got A- on Cinema Score. Still a bummer for fans.

Is it though? I'd say its a message to Fox that the movie just wasn't good enough. I managed to enjoy it, but I'm pleased it hasn't been a runaway hit as its not up to the standard it should have been. 

I'm glad X-Men Apocalypse is falling hard! Actually i hate all the X-Men movie's. I hope one day FOX will lose all the rights of the X-MEN and the Fantastic four, they destroyed [mod edit] those franchises so hard even Disney's Marvel can't fix those franchises anymore. Days of future past is one of the most overrated super hero flixs ever....i hate the time traveling thing so much, i still don't understand why it got good reviews it was so boring. Shame on you FOX....shame on you FOX by [mod edit] destroying my favorite 90s super hero cartoon!!

Strong words from someone so new.  Statements like this are pretty ridiculous.  

• Like 15

18 hours ago, cannastop said:

It's not like Angelina Jolie is a draw either.

Like every movie star, she is not foolproof.

I keep hearing that the age of the movie star is over, but seriously, was there ever a so-called movie star that never ever had a film flop? I mean, a movie star that, no matter the film (big blockbuster or small indie, hugely marketed or dumped on two screens, crappy or Oscar-worthy), always delivered at the box office? Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think anybody ever did that.

However, put Angie in her wheelhouse (action flicks) or in a role that "she was born to play" [ Maleficent ] and watch the money roll in (just like any other movie star).

BTW, I still say that, had she been cast as Cheetah or Circe, Wonder Woman  would have a much better chance at succeeding.

• Like 6

Jeez...could you be any more of a stereotype?

• Like 7

Nope.  Because you have five posts and you are spouting off the same nonsense as someone else that has been suspended. :)

• Like 14

This was expected for X:A.

If DOFP fell 64% from 3-day OW, 67-69% for X:A would be normal.

It's wom isn't like DOFP, previews were same despite much smaller OW and the usual front-loading being a sequel to DOFP.

Edited by a2knet

7 hours ago, Rman823 said:

Just found out my drive in is showing Zootopia with Finding Dory. Very tempting. Also just found out the other local drive in is showing Allegiant and Criminal this weekend. Out of all the options. 

OMG, go! Have you not seen it yet?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

TMNT 2 is around $12.5m

X-MEN is around $6.7m

Thank you Nile.

With that Friday number TMNT should end with a 35M OW. Might still crawl to a 100M DOM total.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Thank you Nile.

With that Friday number TMNT should end with a 35M OW. Might still crawl to a 100M DOM total.

Even with 35m it would need 2.85x to get 100m. First one did 2.91x. So with sequelitis I think it's tough. But who knows, maybe.