WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

So, it seems that Warcraft might have the BVS effect in China.  Huge opening weekend numbers, then it drops like a rock and fails to have a 2x multiplier.

If Warcraft manages to get 150 million for its opening and then it ends its run with less than 250 million ( less than Zootopia? damn ), that's a disaster. Is word of mouth good there?

Just now, Jayhawk said:

If the mods let this continue, this has the potential to become one of the most epic stannings in BOT history. Logic and reason need not apply.

except that I am using logic and reason. It's up to 125M in China after 3 days. Even if it were to only do 50M for Sat/Sun (which would be absurdly, unreasonably low) that would leave it with 175M. Given it will be in wide release in China there is no sane reason to think it will open to 175M and then only make 50M more from that (which is what everyone saying it'll be under Zootopia is).

As for domestic numbers... the FACT is that all we have is a preview number. to project an opening weekend for a brand new movie franchise based on only a few hours of shows is ridiculous. people are jumping on the bandwagon to hate it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

So when the entire forum changed their avatar and user names to Star Wars, nobody's opinion about Star Wars mattered?

I thought it was a trend on these forums to continually alter your username and avatar to match a new upcoming movie.

Only my opinion mattered since I had a Alvin and the Chipmunks avatar

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

One member is saying that. Others are suggesting it might fail to reach Zootopia's total there (235M). 

Apparently the Saturday estimate number was much weaker than expected and Sunday will act like a Monday (because it is a work day this week there) so they are expecting another big drop.

there is no Saturday estimate, given that it is currently 2am Friday night over there...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

So when the entire forum changed their avatar and user names to Star Wars, nobody's opinion about Star Wars mattered?

I thought it was a trend on these forums to continually alter your username and avatar to match a new upcoming movie.

It was a comment made in jest because of how Treecraft is hadnling WC China projections. Google "Bill Maher New Rule"

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

If the mods let this continue, this has the potential to become one of the most epic stannings in BOT history. Logic and reason need not apply.

Logically, I foresee Warcraft doing this

DOM

OW: 35m

DOM: 115m

China: 350m

Overseas: 265m

WW: 750m

It's a crowd pleaser on the scale of Pacific Rim!

• Like 3

Also, I should really note that I did not say it WILL finish under 20 million, I'm predicting 23-25 at this point. Just think it's in the range. Hell, over 30 is also in the range, I just see it being more likely to swing lower than higher. 

I don't think it is a coincidence that DUncan Jones's WARCRAFT is going to destroy both James Wan movies, furious 7 and Conjuring 2. The prophecy has foretold that WARCRAFT will conquer all.

I mean look at James Wan, he has no idea how to make a movie:

james-wan1.jpg

Where as Duncan ZOWIE BOWIE Jones has made a legendary film, and it is going to crush everything. GOnna win the weekend and be the biggest film of all time in China.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryksinger said:

the conjuring will do less than annabelle thursday night:(

this is not my world

Ahh my wife is a conjuring fan too. If it's low budget fear not. It may still make profit between domestic and foreign totals. Looks interesting. I need to see part i

• Like 1

Hey, the trio all did decently on Thursday. Nothing spectacular, and I'm kinda afraid that TC2 will be another Apocalypse (1M over DOFP previews, still comes in way lower... though TC2 at least won't come too far behind TC), but not bad. And @Treecraft, calm down, nobody's hating on Warcraft - we're just pointing out that, at this point, it seems it'll almost certainly lose the weekend to TC2.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Treecraft said:

I don't think it is a coincidence that DUncan Jones's WARCRAFT is going to destroy both James Wan movies, furious 7 and Conjuring 2. The prophecy has foretold that WARCRAFT will conquer all.

I mean look at James Wan, he has no idea how to make a movie:

james-wan1.jpg

Where as Duncan ZOWIE BOWIE Jones has made a legendary film, and it is going to crush everything. GOnna win the weekend and be the biggest film of all time in China.

You're right Tree Duncan Jones did make a legendary film. Sadly Source Code didn't really blow up at the box office

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Hey, the trio all did decently on Thursday. Nothing spectacular, and I'm kinda afraid that TC2 will be another Apocalypse (1M over DOFP previews, still comes in way lower... though TC2 at least won't come too far behind TC), but not bad. And @Treecraft, calm down, nobody's hating on Warcraft - we're just pointing out that, at this point, it seems it'll almost certainly lose the weekend to TC2.

i'm here to hate on warcraft. i'm only here because i heard the hissy fits from the other side of the forum

Twin-Peaks-gif.gif

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Ahh my wife is a conjuring fan too. If it's low budget fear not. It may still make profit between domestic and foreign totals. Looks interesting. I need to see part i

I didn't know you were married my man Supes