WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can't get over the fact Bad Moms expects us to believe that Mila Kunis is a mom to kids that grown up. Congrats on prematurely reaching your Last Fuckable Day, Mila!

Um yeah last fuckable day

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Neither will sniff 100M dom, cmon now

If they're good and open to $20-25 million, they could.

I think there'll be some original breakouts at some point this summer. Those two are in a great position, along with Central Intelligence.

I'm not saying they're a lock, but there's always a couple films no one expects to do $75 million+ DOM. 

I'd rather predict those to be sleepers than the meh sequels 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jayhawk said:

Are IMAX, PLF, or 3D included in the passes? Or is there a surcharge?

Discount on IMAX, we don't have PLF, and most places so still have a surcharge for 3D. My cinema had equal 2D and 3D prices anyway.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

This summer sucks ass.

CW-below expectations. 

Apocalyspse- 140 mil tops.

Tmnt 2- Opened to half of the first one.

Nysm 2- epic floppage

Conjurung 2- Probably around 100 mil tops. Which is fine. Shoe string budget.

Aiw2-Total bomb

Angry Birds 2- Meh

Money monster- flop

Nice guys- Decent but nothing special 

I wouldn't include Civil War in the discussion, but whatever. Its legs were certainly disappointing. 

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm actually impressed Now You See Me 2 is looking at a $24M or so opening given the sequel trends of this year. Granted it's still headed for a huge drop-off from the first in terms of total but it could've been worse.

I think the trend still works - traditionally you don't want your sequel to open 20% below the original - but I think it's a testament to the original's strong word of mouth that this one didn't drop more. I kind of wonder if it could've cleared 30m with a January weekend. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

Just now, Gopher said:

I think the trend still works - traditionally you don't want your sequel to open 20% below the original - but I think it's a testament to the original's strong word of mouth that this one didn't drop more. I kind of wonder if it couldn't cleared 30m with a January weekend. 

Well, the opening won't be far off, which can't be said for Neighbors 2. It's just the total that will be.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Dreadful for everything except Warcraft because we had our expectations set super low. This is a 160M movie opening with 30M. Terrible.

I Disagree this is a movie was projected to open 28 million before even engative reviews come in. Its solid.IF it grosses 30 mil

6 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Finding Dory being the No. 1 hit of the summer seems more and more likely. :D 

Nothing is standing in its way, however, I can't help but thinking if this is kind of like summer 2014, would the market being down drags down dory as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Nothing is standing in its way, however, I can't help but thinking if this is kind of like summer 2014, would the market being down drags down dory as well.

Squad maybe I guess

Edited by Ethan Hunt

36 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just wait till you see the ending of the sequel

I am beyond hyped now. Stahp :lol: 

35 minutes ago, James said:

Oi fuck.:ohmyzod:

:sadben: