WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

32 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Millions in China will have found more enjoyment in Warcraft than The Force Awakens, but calling the movie The Force Rehashes would still be lost on them.

That TFA worldwide total tho.

29 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

That TFA worldwide total tho.

I do not disagree with the popularity and attraction of The Force Awakens. I just find it funny that China doesn't have the complaint of rehash because their population mostly consists of A New Hope virgins. The relatively lower popularity of TFA there isn't due to distaste of recycled material, but rather the opposite...a relative lack of appreciation of the material due to unfamiliarity. 

Also, interestingly, their appreciation of Warcraft comes from an enhanced familiarity with the source material from the MMORPG.

55 minutes ago, cookie said:

They also found more enjoyment in Trans4mers than either Warcraft (presumably) and Force Awakens.

I can see the conclusion w/ the Force Awakens, but I'm not sure how Warcraft will do against Transformers. The projection is lower for Warcraft, but that's just a projection. Currently, Warcraft is outpacing Transformers there, no? Transformers OW was 92 million? Warcraft beat that with first 2 days? Also, exchange rate in 2014 was favorable for Age of Extinction, but of course, there's also inflation rate...

Anyway, whatever the case, action-packed car movies do well there, and the Transformers can turn into giant robots, and some of them are dinosaurs, and quit a bit of the film occurred in China, with Chinese actors...so yeah...

• Like 2

The Conjuring 2 is the biggest OW ever for a horror movie in Portugal. It will open 50% above the highest OW in the Paranormal Activity franchise here. And it will double the OWs of The Conjuring and Annabelle. I have never seen nothing like this for a horror movie, it is behaving like a big blockbuster. Theater owns were caught with the pants in their hands. They put it on small screens on Thursday and then shows were selling out hours (Thursday night was absolutely manic here, I was at a theater and I have no words to describe, there were giant lines at midnight when I left for Conjuring 2 and Warcraft, and I had just seen Conjuring 2 on a 100% sold out show, even the front row was full) in advance and they had to switch the movie to the biggest screens on Friday. Insanity. Meanwhile Warcraft is slaying. It has a shot at becoming a top 5 OW of the year here.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, James said:

No, you didn't understand what I meant. I don't want something focused on that ark. I want an adaptations of one of the hundreds Jedi missions Obi-Wan and Anakin were sent on. An adventure movie that could also take a more personal, intimate look at Anakin's turn to the dark side, without all the political and social plots. 

You're admitting the prequels failed because what you keep saying you want to see, IS what those movies were intended to be... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

So Warcraft under 60m domestically maybe 55m?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for the weekend, once WoM hits this baby is getting a 10x multiplier,

Just now, The Pandaren said:

Just for the weekend, once WoM hits this baby is getting a 10x multiplier,

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, James said:

No, you didn't understand what I meant. I don't want something focused on that ark. I want an adaptations of one of the hundreds Jedi missions Obi-Wan and Anakin were sent on. An adventure movie that could also take a more personal, intimate look at Anakin's turn to the dark side, without all the political and social plots. 

Without the political and social plots?! What kind of movie would that be? 

Also, Anakin turned to the dark side in RoTS. He murdered so many of those sand creatures in AoTC because they held his mother captive...and Padme was so okay with that. Oh its ok annie you might be a psycopathic murderer but ill love u 4eva...luv wins...

And then he had a dream where Padma died during childbirth...which kickstarted everything. Because people having dreams of their loved ones dying always ends up consuming them to the point where they want to take over the GALAXY, riiiiiiiiight?

Stupid ass trilogy.

13 minutes ago, Noctis said:

And then he had a dream where Padma died during childbirth...which kickstarted everything. Because people having dreams of their loved ones dying always ends up consuming them to the point where they want to take over the GALAXY, riiiiiiiiight?

Well, to be fair, he had prophetic dreams about his mother dying right before she did, so there was probably reason to be concerned.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Well, to be fair, he had prophetic dreams about his mother dying right before she did, so there was probably reason to be concerned.

Which is why he choked her when she was 9 months pregnant?

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Which is why he choked her when she was 9 months pregnant?

You were talking about the dreams consuming him as though it were absurd. I argued that there was a legitimate reason that they might. Never said it justified any of his particular actions.

Edited by johnboy3434

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

The Conjuring 2 is the biggest OW ever for a horror movie in Portugal. It will open 50% above the highest OW in the Paranormal Activity franchise here. And it will double the OWs of The Conjuring and Annabelle. I have never seen nothing like this for a horror movie, it is behaving like a big blockbuster. Theater owns were caught with the pants in their hands. They put it on small screens on Thursday and then shows were selling out hours (Thursday night was absolutely manic here, I was at a theater and I have no words to describe, there were giant lines at midnight when I left for Conjuring 2 and Warcraft, and I had just seen Conjuring 2 on a 100% sold out show, even the front row was full) in advance and they had to switch the movie to the biggest screens on Friday. Insanity. Meanwhile Warcraft is slaying. It has a shot at becoming a top 5 OW of the year here.

Its definitely gonna make more OS than the first one, I wonder if it can leg it past the first one domestic

4 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Lol.

Warcraft is made for Warcraft nerds only.

Most people can enjoy TFA on some level.

Nah not really.If Warcraft was made for warcraft nerds only it would open 45-50 mil in USA.But dont expect a movie to perform when sites brake critic embargo do give it a 0.Aye the first review was  a 0 that was whining about why  Orcs dont wear T-shirts.

THat being said it is 1 thing to  make a stupid critic,but beileving it takes u to another lvl of stupidity.THere is a certain area in the planet with a lot of sheeps

Edited by Rentaro1989
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, narniadis said:

As I always say I enjoy your charts and watching you learn so keep up the work. 

Thanks. Glad to know someone enjoys it. However, after this weekend, I think I'm just going to start posting daily projections for the upcoming weekend and for each movie's total domestic gross. That'll help avoid the nitpicking over odd day-to-day behavior that ultimately doesn't affect the big picture of the movie's performance.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1