WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Wow, according to that article ( deadline ), Warcraft needs to make 450 million worldwide, just to break even...:(

Hell, that's way too much. I mean, if domestic grosses are insanely low ( less than 100 million ), the movie will really depend on foreign grosses to get a sequel. China's numbers are dropping there.

I know the whole Legendary/Wanda deal in China, but if the producers only keep 50% ( let's imagine movie makes 300 million there, which would give them 150 million ), that's still dangerous.

They better slash that high budget for the sequel!

I'm pretty sure I've read in a couple of places during its production that it was initially supposed to be something like 130m but it went over-budget, which is one of the reasons Universal called it a"problem movie".  Now with many sets built and technology in place a sequel should hopefully cost a bit less.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Thinking

34m for CJ2

25m for WC

24m for NYSM2

There's no way Conjuring 2 has a worse OW than Annabelle.

Warcraft is not having a similar OW to F4, especially after preview numbers on par with San Andreas.

NYSM2 seems about right to me though (although I'm about a million higher).

Just now, DAJK said:

Now wouldn't that be funny if all the sequel glut was finally broken by NYSM2 of all things

It would need to open with 40M for that to happen. Even matching the OW of the first mean a brutal decrease is coming for the DOM total.

• Like 1

Also, our TM texted me this morning and said this group of guys showed up to the theatre last night all hyped up and dressed as wizards/orcs you name it. And then they found out we weren't doing preview shows for Warcraft and had to go home :lol:

• Like 9

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Lol wut? Weren't you just the one saying "not bad for NYSM2?"

All three numbers are essentially not bad and point towards an overall shit weekend. 

Surprised that Warcraft didn't win the previews battle, especially considering the inbuilt fanbase which would rush out. I think an O/U of 30M currently, but there could be a fanbase previews front loading giving it a 25M OW. Good for Conjuring 2, I see a 35M for it and around 25M for NYSM2 as well. 

I don't think that is a very encouraging number for WarCraft, it should be by definition a very front loaded film, if it has similar midnight multiplier to Civil War or Apocalypse, that suggest mid 20M OW I think, probably won't reach 30M, oh well...  We'll see what Friday estimates are like.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Also, our TM texted me this morning and said this group of guys showed up to the theatre last night all hyped up and dressed as wizards/orcs you name it. And then they found out we weren't doing preview shows for Warcraft and had to go home :lol:

That sounds glorious

• Like 2