FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

I have a new found respect for interstellar! It's a really ambitious movie, and I give Nolan a lot of credit for tackling it and giving us a film that makes you think. It got a little silly in the 3rd act, but doesn't detract from a great film. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Idiocracy shows how the movie Idiocracy was visionary.

I hate that movie so much.

Same here. It pretends to make salient points about society, but there's no real substance behind any of its critiques, and the assumptions that lead to its doomsaying vision of the future are extremely questionable if not demonstrably false.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Absolutely, I imagine it will have more of a negative effect on CI but both Father's Day & game 7 should depress Sunday across the board.

Father's Day results in much softer drops (JW had just under a 2% Sat-Sun drop), especially for movies that Dads in particular like. Doesn't affect Pixar movies as much though.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Father's Day results in much softer drops (JW had just under a 2% Sat-Sun drop), especially for movies that Dads in particular like. Doesn't affect Pixar movies as much though.

Wouldn't have guessed that now that we are in he heart of summer but probably should have known. Is it the same in general for Mother's Day?

• Like 1