FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

18 minutes ago, JeepCSC said:

There's a few problems with IO, not the least of which is Disney made it already and called it Cranium Command. Beyond that, it was heavy on the creativity but lacking in the pathos. Joy and Sadness were limited by their functional roles and I didn't think ever transcended that. So I was left at arm's length beyond the imaginary friend, one unconstrained.

It was a brainy animated film though, and I appreciated it on those merits.

This is like complaining your hot, young brazillian girlfriend doesn't have a third breast.

Inside Out is a masterpiece compared to 99% of kid's movies.

What movie speaks the unspoken truths of growing up better than Inside Out.

Maybe it will be underappreciated like another brutally honest film about the human condition, Artificial Intelligence.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

1).Finding Dory (DIS), 4,305 theaters / $53M Fri. (includes $9.2M previews) / 3-day cume: $134.1M /Wk 1

2). Central Intelligence (WB/NL/UNI), 3,508 theaters / $11M-$12M Fri. (includes $1.84M previews) / 3-day cume: $31M-$32M/Wk 1

3). Conjuring 2 (WB/NL), 3,356 theaters (+13) / $5.2M Fri. (-68%) / 3-day cume: $15.2M (-62%)/Total cume:$71.4M/Wk 2

4). Now You See Me 2 (LG), 3,232 theaters (0)/ $3M Fri. (-64%) / 3-day cume: $10.6M (-52%)/ Total cume:$42.4M/Wk 2

5). Warcraft (UNI/LEG), 3,406 theaters (+6) / $2M Fri. (-81%) / 3-day cume: $6.8M (-72%)/ Total cume:$38M/Wk 2

6). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (PAR), 3,086 theaters (-985)/ $1.7M Fri. (-58%) / 3-day cume: $6.2M (-57%)/Total Cume:$72.9M/Wk 3

7). X-Men: Apocalypse (FOX), 2,632 theaters (-953) / $1.46M Fri. (-47%) / 3-day cume: $5.6M (-43%) /Total cume: $146.5M/Wk 4

8). Me Before You (MGM/New Line/WB), 2,645 theaters (-117) / $1.47M Fri. (-52%) / 3-day cume: $4.3M (-53%)/Total cume: $46.5M/Wk 3

9). Captain America: Civil War (Disney), 1,434 theaters (-667) / $561K Fri. (-52%)/ 3-day cume: $2.2M (-48%) /Total cume: $401.2M/ Wk 7

10). The Angry Birds Movie (SONY/ROVIO), 2,021 theaters (-1,062)/ $578K Fri. (-69%) / 3-day cume: $2.1M (-68%)/Total cume: $103.6M/ Wk 5

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Having a hard time believing X-Men is having he best hold out of the top 10.

Well, it didn't have huge theater drop, it wasn't the second w/e and it wasn't a family film.  I'm still surprise Conjuring and NYSM didn't hold a bit better though.

I can't believe Alice out of the top 10.  I thought it would it would benefit some from the drive in double features with Dory.

31 minutes ago, JeepCSC said:

There's a few problems with IO, not the least of which is Disney made it already and called it Cranium Command. Beyond that, it was heavy on the creativity but lacking in the pathos. Joy and Sadness were limited by their functional roles and I didn't think ever transcended that. So I was left at arm's length beyond the imaginary friend, one unconstrained.

It was a brainy animated film though, and I appreciated it on those merits.

What the fuck your talking about Willis? I really don't think you have a clue what're talking about.

Excellent number but I have this feeling like this could be The Force Awakens all over again.  I loved the experience and to be there opening night in a packed theater with people dressed up and going nuts.  But then I watched it again and it hit me... 

"That's all?"

Yes,  I feel like it won't live up to that 94% RT.  Still going to check it out, I'm just not hyped for it.