FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

31 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't think time will treat Frozen quite as nicely as it has Nemo

Whether you like Frozen or not, you have to admit that it has integrated to the pop culture, and it will stay relevant for quite some time. Even now young girls still love Elsa and Anna and the songs are still stuck in people's mind. It will be used to Disney's advantage when they finally release the sequel.

• Like 1

Dory increased today at my theatre from yesterday (at least for the matinee, evening will decrease for sure). But I know that obviously one little theatre means nothing but I'm becoming more confident that Sunday drop will indeed be under 20%. 

It it was also a beautiful day today opposed to the rain from yesterday. Given that, Dory's increase is stunning.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Dory increased today at my theatre from yesterday (at least for the matinee, evening will decrease for sure). But I know that obviously one little theatre means nothing but I'm becoming more confident that Sunday drop will indeed be under 20%. 

It it was also a beautiful day today opposed to the rain from yesterday. Given that, Dory's increase is stunning.

Still don't think a TS3 level 14% drop is unreasonable today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Still don't think a TS3 level 14% drop is unreasonable today. 

That would be like a 4M increase! (or around there). Me likey... Baumer not so much

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It's Father's Day.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were an INcrease.

The absolute floor for Dory at my theatre this weekend is 140M, and that is only if it absolutely collapses tonight.  Either way, it is at 127-129M ish after the matinee, and will probably break TJB OW record for 2016 at my theatre with 130.5M

I think Disney completely ignored FD with the estimate and just gave it a slightly harsher Sunday drop than Minions had, since the Sat hold was slightly harsher than Minions'. The main differences being Dory had a much bigger preview number and Minions didn't have a holiday in its OW. 

it's not surprising that Finding Dory has increased during the day. But it's the evening shows that will die out. With the NBA finals tonight and Game 7 and LeBron James and Golden State and all the other storylines the drop will be a little bit bigger. I don't think it will be as big as Disney has projected either but something between 18 and 20% seems reasonable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

it's not surprising that Finding Dory has increased during the day. But it's the evening shows that will die out. With the NBA finals tonight and Game 7 and LeBron James and Golden State and all the other storylines the drop will be a little bit bigger. I don't think it will be as big as Disney has projected either but something between 18 and 20% seems reasonable.

Yeah, you have a point there. Also the fact that Dory is skewing female could mean the FD hold isn't going to be as light as I'm thinking. We'll see. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, department store basement said:

It'll do better than Jane Got a Gun and The Bronze. There's way way way more hype for Neon Demon.

There might be buzz for online film communities but it isn't GA friendly whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, department store basement said:

It'll do better than Jane Got a Gun and The Bronze. There's way way way more hype for Neon Demon.

Neon Demon is a piece of garbage movie, it s gonna flop spectacularly.

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

If the kids I saw pouring out of Disney on Ice at the Entertainment Centre on the weekend are any indication I  think Frozen 2 will do just fine.

http://www.disneyonice.com/au/en-au/magical-ice-festival

Just got back to my hotel after being at Magic Kingdom, when the "Let It Go" performance started, it was like a free for all karaoke in there. 

• Like 1