FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

Finding Dory did what I expected. Finding Nemo was a very beloved film and it just looks cheerful.

Central Intelligence is doing what the last two Kevin Hart films did, although it is on 400 more screens. But it does have serious competition.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

I like him too. He's like our generation's Arnold with a bit more talent but with a much weaker filmography (he's never coming near masterpieces like T1, T2, Predator, Total Recall or True Lies). Well lbr he's not even coming anywhere near Twins either. On his best day he can deliver a Kindergarten Cop, though. 

I don't think he really has to have a stronger filmography necessarily. A long as he keeps making fairly entertaining movies he'll be just fine.

Plus, I think he's got better over all acting talent than Arnold. I can see him doing some more serious stuff later down the road and pulling it off. Nothing Oscar worthy mind you but convincing enough. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, La Binoche said:

I like him too. He's like our generation's Arnold with a bit more talent but with a much weaker filmography (he's never coming near masterpieces like T1, T2, Predator, Total Recall or True Lies). Well lbr he's not even coming anywhere near Twins either. On his best day he can deliver a Kindergarten Cop, though. 

Wait til Moana blows away all expectations.....

29 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

So did baumer pay up $100.00 for CW crossing 400mil?

Are u serious? Of course I'm going to pay as is Tele. I've donated almost $500 to the site this year. U don't have to question this.

• Like 11

@Baumer did not exactly hit the bull's eye with ID:R, but his write-up talking about CW came close to the final figure for it.

"I think Civil War will open to about 150-160 and finish with about 400-410. " It opened appreciably stronger, but that is close to the end game on CA:CW.

Edited by superweirdo87
  • Like 3

I kinda hope we get Free State of Jones this weekend. I doubt we will cause its a very pro-America type movie that wouldn't do to well in our market, but I think it looks really good.