FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

https://deadline.com/2016/06/finding-dory-box-office-central-intelligence-captain-america-totals-1201774498/

‘Dory’s Whale-Size Opening: All-Time Record Debut For Animated Pic Now Higher At $140M+

4TH WRITETHRU, Saturday AM: The summer box office has officially been stirred from its slumber. Disney-Pixar’s Finding Dory is set to rank as the highest opening ever for an animated film with an estimated $140.6M stateside — even higher from what we were seeing yesterday. That easily kicks aside the $121.6M record that DreamWorks’ Shrek the Third has held for the last nine years. This morning industry projections show a $55M-plus day for Dory, making it the highest single day ever for a feature toon, beating both the opening day of Minions ($46M) and Shrek the Third‘s Saturday ($47M).

Warner Bros./New Line/Universal’s Central Intelligence is also besting the numbers we observed yesterday. The Dwayne Johnson-Kevin Hart PG-13 comedy is now estimated to clear $13M in its opening day (inclusive of $1.84M Thursday night previews), and an opening of $33.5M.

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 8

Dory could make anywhere from 45-50m this Saturday. So there's still a pretty huge range for it this weekend. 137-147m......I'm gonna go right in the middle with 142m. Would need a 3.5x to get to 500m

Edited by Lumos
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

To be honest, given how high Jungle Book was received OW it wouldn't surprise if Beauty and the Beast really broke out and got up to like 150M OW. Of course I'm going with a more safer prediction being 125M but 150 is def possible.

I think it could definitely hit that number too. I didn't realize how beloved the original movie was until i saw the trailer views, thats why i have it number two for the year above GOTG 2. 

Haven't been here this weekend due to being on a trip with family till Monday. Great number for Dory and a really good one for Central Intelligence as well, that Warcraft drop is somewhat incredible, 82% drop from last Friday including previews, most likely a 70% weekend drop is in the offing. 

5 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Man, Shrek the Third held that record for a really long time.

I haven't even see Finding Dory yet, but I couldn't be happier that Shrek's reign is finally about to be over. Long long overdue. Toy Story 3 should have done it back in 2010 had it released in May.

• Like 1

I thought The Conjuring would hold better against the opening of a kids flick. But in hindsight this makes sense. Most of the people seeing FD are 15-25....about the same same age as the audience for the conjuring lol

Edited by Lumos

7 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Man, Shrek the Third held that record for a really long time.

True. Shrek really likes keeping his records.

The second one being the biggest animated grosser, DOM-wise....and the third one having the animated OW-record.

Until tomorrow....Shrek the Third's OW-record is beaten.

3 minutes ago, Lumos said:

I thought The Conjuring would hold better against the opening of a kids flick. But in hindsight this makes sense. Most of the people seeing FD are 15-25....about the same same age as the audience for the conjuring lol

exactly.  Twitter this past week was a great indicator that Conjuring was going to suffer.  the teens to early college kids were tweeting non-stop about Dory. 

I didn't love Warcraft, but that drop is kinda sad. 50M would have been a nicer, rounder number for it to finish with.

Conjuring 2 as well... :( I really want that one to hit 100M. NYSM2 on the other hand can crash and burn for all I care.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, superduperm said:

I haven't even see Finding Dory yet, but I couldn't be happier that Shrek's reign is finally about to be over. Long long overdue. Toy Story 3 should have done it back in 2010 had it released in May.

True.....and Toy Story 3 would have topped Shrek 2's DOM-gross......if it wasn't for this one little animated film called "Despicable Me" from Universal.