FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s: Dory - $23.2M, CI - $4.5M, TC2 - $2.3M, NYSM2 - $1.6M, WC - $1M

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I don't know, Pets would need to put a serious bite in it in order to put 450 in jeopardy, and it would still come very close. It's had Toy Story 3 type performance w/higher numbers from the start... and a TS3 multiplier would put it at 475M. So it happens that your worst nightmare (a Pixar movie at near 500M) might be in play here :P.

A TS3 multiplier actually brings it to $508M.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I don't know, Pets would need to put a serious bite in it in order to put 450 in jeopardy, and it would still come very close. It's had Toy Story 3 type performance w/higher numbers from the start... and a TS3 multiplier would put it at 475M. So it happens that your worst nightmare (a Pixar movie at near 500M) might be in play here :P.

Multipliers have changed in 5 years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

10 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

13 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I still don't think it gets passed 450

Like CA:CW wouldn't break $400m? Sounds like another club for site $$ type bet to me. I jest, I jest

I'll bet any amount you want....donation to the forum of course....thay it doesn't get a 3.5x

I don't really have a dog in the fight as I'm not eager about Dory anyway. Plus she'll beat Cap so I got that to cry about as it is. ;)

However, in the spirit of fun I'm game on this one. So we are on the same page a 3.5x would be $472.5m US domestic, yes? 

Since the cost of my wife and I going to a film at night is roughly $25, I'll bet that amount towards the site IF Dory DOES NOT pass a 3.5x

Anyone else who wants to get in and make it more fun for a thread starter be my guest! What do you think @Baumer?

• Like 3

the amount is going to be 475. Teles and I will put up $100 again more than likely. That means anybody who wants to take the bet....they have  to commit $10 if they lose.  I will make the thread later on this afternoon.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Fuck that's huge. This movie is headed for over 500 million. Why has the GA been so picky recently??

This has really stood out this year. There have been very few mid-range successes. Movies seem to either do really really well or have mediocre runs. I read somewhere that this has something to do with everyone seeing the movie of 'the moment' but nothing else.

Edited by pieman

10 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

That's a fantastic Tuesday.  Could Dory have under a 40% drop this weekend?

If there's any movie that deserves it, it's Dory for sure.

• Like 1

Why is such an increase expected anyways?  It's actually precedent for big openers to decrease on Tuesday instead of increase.  I find it funny that some naysayers are saying, "Oh, it's expected."

No it's not.  I can think of a single 100m Opener in recent memory that he a massive increase on its first Tuesday, especially after a big Monday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Pandaren said:

Why is such an increase expected anyways?  It's actually precedent for big openers to decrease on Tuesday instead of increase.  I find it funny that some naysayers are saying, "Oh, it's expected."

No it's not.  I can think of a single 100m Opener in recent memory that he a massive increase on its first Tuesday, especially after a big Monday.

Bc baumer doesn't like Pixar or marvel films. That's the reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Pandaren said:

Minions says high :) 

It's that summer weekday thing with cheap Tuesdays that has changed things over the last couple of years. 

For what's it's worth it was expecting it to stay flat so I know where you are coming from.