WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

JW is a decent blockbuster bogged down by absolutely awful characters. 

I gotta give some credit to Trevorrow's world building. The park itself seemed so damn coll despite the lackluster movie it was part of

8 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

July Fourth Box Office: Few Fireworks Expected as 'BFG,' 'Tarzan' Track Poorly

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/july-fourth-box-office-few-905589/item/free-state-jones-july-fourth-905594

This is part of why I figure IDR will do ok.  When people are looking at 'what is out', the competition isn't fierce, if you don't feel like animation or already saw Dory.

2 minutes ago, trifle said:

This is part of why I figure IDR will do ok.  When people are looking at 'what is out', the competition isn't fierce, if you don't feel like animation or already saw Dory.

I mean unless IDR is an even bigger disaster than the other films. Like if nothing that's out interests me or is really bad, I just won't go to the theater. Most people don't have $15 every weekend just to spend on a film because nothing else out is good. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

July Fourth Box Office: Few Fireworks Expected as 'BFG,' 'Tarzan' Track Poorly

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/july-fourth-box-office-few-905589/item/free-state-jones-july-fourth-905594

Independence Day 2 would end up with $135-165 million DOM with a $50 million OW - not that awful.

Purge 3 should make a tidy profit on a $10 million budget. 

Tarzan and BFG will both bomb.

Pets, Bourne 5 and SS might be the only 3 remaining $150 million+ films this summer. 

3 hours ago, pieman said:

It's funny how everyone was predicting IDR's failure e.g. not crossing 100M but now, that it's doing much better than expected, people are calling it a disappoint.

This site has as much integrity as Donald Trump.

But, it's the Internet, so it is a free for all. Say what you want, no one gives two hoots.

1 minute ago, BK007 said:

This site has as much integrity as Donald Trump.

But, it's the Internet, so it is a free for all. Say what you want, no one gives two hoots.

Except no one said it was going under 100 million.

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

I mean unless IDR is an even bigger disaster than the other films. Like if nothing that's out interests me or is really bad, I just won't go to the theater. Most people don't have $15 every weekend just to spend on a film because nothing else out is good. 

Not every weekend, but until Bourne comes out, to me IDR seems 'all there really is' besides XA's waning legs.  In the summer people want to go to the movies, and while they want the best out there, in my experience will settle for something that looks like decent fun.  We'll see.  I don't think IDR's opening weekend is going to be all that fantastic, but I am hoping its legs will be good.

6 minutes ago, trifle said:

Not every weekend, but until Bourne comes out, to me IDR seems 'all there really is' besides XA's waning legs.  In the summer people want to go to the movies, and while they want the best out there, in my experience will settle for something that looks like decent fun.  We'll see.  I don't think IDR's opening weekend is going to be all that fantastic, but I am hoping its legs will be good.

Pets, Ghostbusters and Star Trek 3 should do better than everything else this summer that's not Civil War/XA/Dory.

Bad Moms and IA5 should be mid-level hits, too. 

July 2016 looks far more well-rounded than any other month this summer. 

14 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

Star Trek should be solid for 150M domestic and Ghostbuster is a possibility that could go either way.

I guess the sequel fatigue has me going way low for ST3. $160-180 million would be a decent result all things considered. 

Ghostbusters needs fantastic WOM to counteract the negative buzz in order to reach $150 million+ DOM. 

Edited by mahnamahna

http://deadline.com/2016/06/independence-day-resurgence-finding-dory-shallows-free-state-of-jones-neon-demon-weekend-box-office-1201778773/

‘Dory’ Still The Big Fish With $62M+, ‘ID4’ Sequel In High $40Ms, ‘Shallows’ Rides A Wave Toward $13M – Midday B.O.

independence day resurgence

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

"20th Century Fox’s Independence Day: Resurgence likely to post a Friday between $18M-$19M four a weekend in the high $40M range at 4,068 venues. Where this Roland Emmerich pic, at an estimated production cost of $165M-$200M, is expected to deliver is overseas with a projected $100M-$150M from China, Russia, Latin America and the United Kingdom. Last night, Resurgence generated $4M from 3,200 theaters, a number that’s on par with what Paramount’s Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation delivered in its first night. Current Rotten Tomatoes rating is 40% from 87 reviews. Sony’s The Shallows is look quite healthy with an estimated $5M Friday on its way to a projected $13M at 2,962 locations."

Per "Deadline."

2 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

Pets, Ghostbusters and Star Trek 3 should do better than everything else this summer that's not Civil War/XA/Dory.

Bad Moms and IA5 should be mid-level hits, too. 

July 2016 looks far more well-rounded than any other month this summer. 

I guess the sequel fatigue has me going way low for ST3. $160-180 million would be a decent result all things considered. 

Ghostbusters needs fantastic WOM to counteract the negative buzz in order to reach $150 million+ DOM. 

I forgot Star Trek.  I'm looking forward to that.  But I'll see them both.  I don't think the others will target the same audience.  However, I'm not sure what IA5 is.