WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

45 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm gonna have long balls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnjYvSRmreQ 

squirrel_nuts_1.jpg

yup, its a certainty like death and taxes. Just don't let them fall out while passing out on a beach. I saw that once in Miami, do you wake him up and tell him?, or let him have toasty nuts from the hot sand? I didn't have the heart to say something. They do come in handy to smack the man in the boat when doing it dothraki style. They like that......:ph34r:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

squirrel_nuts_1.jpg

yup, its a certainty like death and taxes. Just don't let them fall out while passing out on a beach. I saw that once in Miami, do you wake him up and tell him?, or let him have toasty nuts from the hot sand? I didn't have the heart to say something. They do come in handy to smack the man in the boat when doing it dothraki style. They like that......:ph34r:

Bumble Bee Tuna!

13 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

Haha nice way to chicken Out !

I'll understand if you guys would only pay what other have engaged.

Like if only 4 people were in, you would just have to pay 40$.

I'm really confident you'll loose now, even if it ends up void you'll have lost in my heart and will hear about it.

it's definitely not a way of chickening out. The point is we are putting up $100 each. That's two hundred bucks to the site. Everybody is confident that Finding Dory will pass for 75. That means to put up $10 and that should be nothing right.

43 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I'm currently watching the National Lampoon's Vacation sequel that came out last year.

Unlike Jurassic World and presumably IDR it, while relying on nostalgia, actually fixes a major flaw the original had. In the original Vacation Clark Griswold was seen as heroic despite all the stupid decisions he makes. Since he wouldn't be a sympathetic character today, in the new Vacation Rusty's family just tells him to his face that he's a bad father. That's a big step up.

Why don't more nostalgia sequels attempt to fix the original's flaws the way Vacation did?

I couldn't even make it through that movie.  Just terrible in every way

I would look at Dorys hold this weekend, not its Thursday to Friday increase.  It's weekdays were so much higher than any other animated movie ever, and yet it's still looking at a 45% weekend over weekend drop.  That's very good.

TS3 had a 41% 2nd weekend drop

but its weekdays were much lower than Dory and Minions coming off of a 115 million opening weekend had a 53% drop.

So, with a record 135 million opening weekend, and record first weekday numbers, a 45% 2nd weekend drop is actually strong.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Planodisney said:

I would look at Dorys hold this weekend, not its Thursday to Friday increase.  It's weekdays were so much higher than any other animated movie ever, and yet it's still looking at a 45% weekend over weekend drop.  That's very good.

but its weekdays were much lower than Dory and Minions coming off of a 115 million opening weekend had a 53% drop.

So, with a record 135 million opening weekend, and record first weekday numbers, a 45% 2nd weekend drop is actually strong.

TS3 actually dropped 46% in its 2nd weekend. Dory is having stronger weekdays and a slightly stronger 2nd-weekend hold. 

It should have a better 3rd weekend hold, too, because TS3 had Last Airbender, Eclipse, Grown Ups and Karate Kid all doing well, while BFG and ID42 are the only two films this July 4th that'll do $25 million+ over the 4-day. While TS3 dropped about 50% over the 3-day, Dory might only drop 25-30% over the 3-day in the face of weak holiday competition. 

And if you want to subtract previews, Dory is only dropping about 40% from last Fri-Sun. It's an excellent 2nd-weekend hold - better than IO, TS3, MU and Brave - all Pixar films with smaller OWs. On pace for $450 million+ DOM. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Planodisney said:

Regardless of whether the weekend is $70M or $75M, the previous fastest to $300M speed record for an animated film was 18 days, shared by Toy Story 3 and Shrek 2. At worst, Dory will hit that mark in 12 days (this coming Tuesday). That's as impressive as when TDK cut Dead Man Chest's record to $300M from 16 days to 10 days. 

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 1