FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s: (Gitesh) Dory $14.7M

23 minutes ago, kitik said:

reminder: there's a little over a day left to vote in this week's Most Anticipated Movies thread

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/667-box-office-theorys-most-anticipated-films-rogue-one-1/?do=findComment&comment=2585591

Not many folks have been voting over the last few weeks, so that means that relatively, your vote counts for more.

All you have to do is post your top 10 movies coming out in the next 12 months.

Just put in mine. :)

Just now, GuardianDevil said:

It can't possibly lose any theatres this weekend right?

Curious to see how ID2 benefited from the Tuesday bump.$5 million  maybe? :)

It'll stay above 4k theaters, none of this week's releases have big TCs.

13 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Wonder if Disney might siphon some off Dory to make BFG look better

I'm not sure whether that means encouraging theatres to give BFG more screens, or transferring revenue from Dory to BFG (is that even legal/possible?). But I don't see why they have any incentive to do so. Dory is a Pixar film, BFG's production was shared by a number of companies (Amblin, Reliance, Walden, Kennedy/Marshall).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Gitesh... when will you drop this BS? :whip:

On the contrary, I'm glad he's being consistent.  This how it should be done (midnights should count as 0.25 days, Previews 0.5 days).  

Theater day is from ~6:00AM - 5:59AM (24 HR)

12:00 AM - 5:59 AM is therefore 6 of 24 hours, so 0.25 days

6/7/8 PM previews are between 10-12 of 24 hours so they should be counted as 0.42-0.50 days.  A little rounding is reasonable, but this is the better way to count it, especially for analysis purposes.

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 1

Free State of Jones with a +42%. WHAT! Where they giving out tickets for free yesterday and counting it towards the box office. 

Edit: This has been confirmed. Warcraft with a +35%. 

Edited by Nova

50 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Dory is winning the weekend again, isn't it?

Given that Tarzan and BFG are not tracking well,and IDR is a total disaster,Dory winning next weekend seems a very ,very, safe bet.

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

Well, I'm fucked. Dory is making $40m this weekend at least.

$40 million would have happened even with only an $11-12 million Tuesday.

$15 million Tuesday puts $50 million+ for the 3-day as a realistic possibility. 

Low 40s appears to be the floor for this weekend.. if it holds well tomorrow and Thurs, could do high 40s-low 50s. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nova said:

Free State of Jones with a +42%. WHAT! Where they giving out tickets for free yesterday and counting it towards the box office. 

Edit: This has been confirmed. Warcraft with a +35%. 

Actually they were, this week's T-Mobile perks had a free Fandango code for any movie.

• Like 2