FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s: (Gitesh) Dory $14.7M

28 minutes ago, theultimatebiu said:

Why haven't I made this joke?

FD run is amazing. I am a Pixar fan but have never understood the love for FN (I enjoy it but I don't love it). Clearly it is a modern beloved classic and this amazing run for FD shows that. I just hope there is no third sequel.

We got Cars 3, so a third Nemo movie isn't a far-fetched idea if FD can reach $1B WW.

Nemo wasn't my favorite Pixar but it's still great Pixar so I'm fine with that.

Am I the only expecting big numbers for Moana? This one excites me a lot :)

• Like 7

Remember that Dory is more a weekday movie, but it's impresive to see it jump by 43% from a $10,2 Monday (second Monday). I don't expect a high increase on friday but $40 looks likely (not much more, last weekend looks like a $80 second weekend and it made $73)

11 minutes ago, seduh said:

Remember that Dory is more a weekday movie, but it's impresive to see it jump by 43% from a $10,2 Monday (second Monday). I don't expect a high increase on friday but $40 looks likely (not much more, last weekend looks like a $80 second weekend and it made $73)

yeah my numbers at the bottom of page 2 give about a 38.5m 3day... the 4th doesn't help "as much" as people think it does Sunday isn't going to increase the drop will be anywhere from 10-15% and then Monday will be around 40% followed by a 25-30% drop on Tuesday. I would think based off this Tuesday number that 40m is the ceiling that we should be looking at instead of assuming its the floor.

40 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

We got Cars 3, so a third Nemo movie isn't a far-fetched idea if FD can reach $1B WW.

If there is a third Nemo movie,I suspect Hank the Septapuss will be the central character. Audiences love him.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Moana was my sleeper movie of the year. I think it will do great numbers with long legs. 300M DOM!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Nope, check out this club. I'm also expecting Moana to be big WW, of course.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, narniadis said:

yeah my numbers at the bottom of page 2 give about a 38.5m 3day... the 4th doesn't help "as much" as people think it does Sunday isn't going to increase the drop will be anywhere from 10-15% and then Monday will be around 40% followed by a 25-30% drop on Tuesday. I would think based off this Tuesday number that 40m is the ceiling that we should be looking at instead of assuming its the floor.

The drop on tuesday won't be that big. Tuesdays are so big now, that i wouldn't be surprised if monday and tuesday are almost the same next week.

16 minutes ago, HH84 said:

The drop on tuesday won't be that big. Tuesdays are so big now, that i wouldn't be surprised if monday and tuesday are almost the same next week.

It's a holiday Monday. Of course the Tuesday drop is going to be big.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It's a holiday Monday. Of course the Tuesday drop is going to be big.

I know that it's a holiday, but things are different now than in 2011 (last time ID was on a monday). Cars 2 dropped 39.2% on monday, 28.6% on tuesday and then only 4.4% on wednesday. This year these drops will be different, because tuesdays are so big now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HH84 said:

I know that it's a holiday, but things are different now than in 2011 (last time ID was on a monday). Cars 2 dropped 39.2% on monday, 28.6% on tuesday and then only 4.4% on wednesday. This year these drops will be different, because tuesdays are so big now.

There will be some balancing - that comes with the territory but the fact still remains - MONDAY will be inflated and so Tuesday will NOT have increases followed by just as harsh (or slightly muted) drops on Wednesday. Being Flat Monday-Tuesday would be absolute best case scenario and it just doesn't work that way.

@Jayhawk the Monday drops will be better than normal 30-40% range on average if 2011 is anything to go by. The Sunday numbers are the true inflation with drops on average under 10%.

• Like 1

Just checked my local theater showtimes and Neon Demon is leaving this weekend. Was it really only a 1-week thing? (Edit: Apparently it's losing 598 theaters. I don't know why.)

TMNT2, MBY, Warcraft are finally leaving this week - their showtimes were added late for last week but now I'm pretty sure they're gone. XMA is gone too.

Edited by department store basement

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

Just checked my local theater showtimes and Neon Demon is leaving this weekend. Was it really only a 1-week thing?

TMNT2, MBY, Warcraft are finally leaving this week - their showtimes were added late for last week but now I'm pretty sure they're gone. XMA is gone too.

Yeah I saw that it's leaving a lot of theaters. Over by me X-Men, TMNT, and Alice are gone this weekend.