WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

So hollywood righ now :

superheroes

CGI animation with talking animals

nostalgia

movies about slavery, molestation, abuse, social injustice, prejudices for the liberal crowd and the AMPAS old farts.

biopics, also for AMPAS old farts

Did I forget anything ?

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

THE ROOM is still funny and rules because tommy wiseau thinks it's a masterpiece. watch best worst movie even the Troll 2 guy thinks that shit is momentous. everyone involved in sharknado knows it's just sharknado. makes it lame and boring and tryhard.

Yeah but The Room and Troll 2 weren't made with the intention to be bad. While Sharknado was from the get go. 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The marketing has really paid off but I get the feeling it'll fall short of Zoo and Jungle Book's domestic total despite a higher OW. While it's an original movie, I wonder if it might fall have a heavier fall next week compared to other original films because it opened so big but also WOM is mixed at best. 

Well legs definitely won't be as good as Zootopia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So hollywood righ now :

superheroes

CGI animation with talking animals

nostalgia

movies about slavery, molestation, abuse, social injustice, prejudices for the liberal crowd and the AMPAS old farts.

biopics, also for AMPAS old farts

Did I forget anything ?

Ghosts, Witches, Murderers, Sharks, and Monsters

Edit: also Zombies

Edited by UrosepsisFace

1 minute ago, Rth said:

5-6

That really surprises me.  Why would this kind of film be so front loaded on Thursday night?

Just now, Rman823 said:

Yeah but The Room and Troll 2 weren't made with the intention to be bad. While Sharknado was from the get go. 

That's the problem: you can't manufacture true, enjoyable badness. It's accidental. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Actually the first Sharknado was made with some serious intent. It was the sequels that tried to amp up the badness intentionally.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

3 minutes ago, CrispyLips said:

So it could even go and beat IO and Minions domestic take with these numbers. 

It's going to obliterate IO OW.  The total obviously depends on how much people like it.  My audience seemed to like it quite a bit.....me?  Not so much.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

It might beat Minions but i don't see beating Inside Out.

If its the high-end of the estimates it might have chance. What is the cinema-score? 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

the minions short before the secret of pets was actually pretty funny to me. BECAUSE IT WAS A SHORT U CANT DO LONG FORM WITH CHARACTERLESS BLOBS! FUCK

I enjoyed the Minions short because the Minions work best in small bursts, I would go as far as say it was funnier than SLOP

$400 is happening for Pets. Holy shit.

Biggest opening ever for an original animated film. Hate that Pixar is losing that record, but what a massive opening.

Edited by Chaz