grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

The Queen. Ashame she couldn't give her co-star some fashion tips. 

blake-lively-2014-met-4c9bbd07-483d-4791

Gorgeous dress (and I love me some shark girl), but WTF is going on with the hair? It's like they started three different hairdos on her and none was finished.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I bet no one from Billy Lynn gets nominated other than the newcomer playing him (and even then, he'll probably face plenty of hurdles, being a young 20-something unknown male and all).

I'm personally hoping for a surprise best supporting actor nomination for Steve Martin myself.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I think you're seriously underestimating KStew. She's a pretty solid actress, and I get the feeling that she's flown just far enough below most of the industry's radar that they'll be legitimately shocked to see the Twilight lead deliver a really powerful performance in an Ang Lee film. All of that, of course, is assuming that the film itself delivers the goods.

Oh sure, but it all depends on the movie itself. It could very well be a nothing role that wouldn't gain traction no matter who played it.

I'm glad KStew has turned her career around after that Twilight mess, though.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, Damianport1 said:

Are we predicing drop fri-sat drop for Ghostbusters? Because i think it can play like family movie and increase actually

I think a drop is a given, even with the potential for the film to play to family audiences. Even though the film is shaping up to have a stronger opening day-to-preview multiplier than most franchise films, the combination of previews and daily summertime boost should make a Saturday increase difficult to attain.

21 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Lol, I wouldn't worry, I'll be surprised if they even consider a live-action Danny Phantom film, even if has a lot of potential.

But superhero+Nickelodeon show nostalgia=$$$

I've been convinced for a while it would make a lot of money and Paramount is severely lacking in franchises.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm glad KStew has turned her career after that Twilight mess, though.

No kidding. I really didn't want to be one of the few people breathlessly reminding detractors that she was really good in Into the Wild and Adventureland.

So what are we expecting multiplier-wise for Ghostbuster's weekend?

My total stab in the dark based on rth's low end for Friday of $16.5 million:

Previews: $3.4 million

Friday (Sans-Preview): $13.1 million

Saturday: $14.4 million (+10%)

Sunday: $11.5 million (-20%)

TOTAL: $42.4 million

Using high end of rth's estimate:

Previews: $3.4 million

Friday: $14.1 million

Saturday: $15.5 million (+10%)

Sunday: $12.4 million (-20%)

TOTAL: $45.4 million

Or is that too generous?

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Gorgeous dress (and I love me some shark girl), but WTF is going on with the hair? It's like they started three different hairdos on her and none was finished.

The hair ruins the look. But I was more or so pointing out the flawless choice in the dress. Shame about the hair though because the woman has some of the best hair I've seen. 

8 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Are we predicing fri-sat drop for Ghostbusters? Because i think it can play like family movie and increase actually

The Friday number will include previews, which is why it will drop from the overall Friday number, but will increase from the "true" Friday number.

4 minutes ago, Chinoiserie said:

She has a Dior contract so she is payed and she is not really a fashion girl who would care much.

I don't know why I know all of this information. JLaw has a contract with Dior. Kstew has one with Chanel. Although again based on that hideous thing she wore to the Cafe Society premiere someone at Chanel hates her. 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don't know why I know all of this information. JLaw has a contract with Dior. Kstew has one with Chanel. Although again based on that hideous thing she wore to the Cafe Society premiere someone at Chanel hates her. 

How do you know so much about fashion? You also seem to know a lot about Blake's fashion stuff... Just an interest or do you work with it?

14 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Are we predicing fri-sat drop for Ghostbusters? Because i think it can play like family movie and increase actually

Saturday increases in July don't usually happen for any movie on its opening weekend, family or not.