abra

Monday #s Pets 11.7M | FD 2.6M | TLoT 2.5M

500 would have been nice, but it's still going to be the number 1 animated film by a long shot. 

So is the Conjuring the first horror franchise to hit 100 million with its first two movies since Scream?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, parkerthegreat said:

Not yet. Gotta wait for the weekend to see if it recovers a bit. A <30% drop would very easily restore faith in $500m. Plus, even after the shit weekend, Dory's only $19.7m behind TDK. We've got about $13m of a buffer left before Dory's dreams are true and dead. 

Just have to see how it goes, but it earned right around 70% of TDK's 25th day. If that continues, Dory will make another $61.6 million and finish around $487.3 million. It needs to start recovering from the Pets opening. Bad thing is the Monday number at 70% of TDK is a lot worse than the weekend number at 80% of TDK's weekend. It is just a single day and could just be a correction for the strong Sunday. But it needs to do around 84.5% of TDK's daily gross the rest of the way to reach $500m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rey said:

It didn't?

So, it was PA1 and PA3? A mess.

Snatch me a bit, Mike!

What do you mean by "snatch me a bit"? 

And obviously the Paranormal Activity series has still been very successful. :) 

Peace,

Mike

1 minute ago, MikeQ said:

What do you mean by "snatch me a bit"? 

And obviously the Paranormal Activity series has still been very successful. :) 

Peace,

Mike

Oh, I meant you correcting me!

Meant it in all good fun.

They have been. I have no seen PA4 or The Ghost Dimension though. They any good?

4 minutes ago, Rey said:

Oh, I meant you correcting me!

Meant it in all good fun.

They have been. I have no seen PA4 or The Ghost Dimension though. They any good?

The fourth one is okay. The first three were better, I think. I didn't see the others after that one.

Peace,

Mike

48 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Just have to see how it goes, but it earned right around 70% of TDK's 25th day. If that continues, Dory will make another $61.6 million and finish around $487.3 million. It needs to start recovering from the Pets opening. Bad thing is the Monday number at 70% of TDK is a lot worse than the weekend number at 80% of TDK's weekend. It is just a single day and could just be a correction for the strong Sunday. But it needs to do around 84.5% of TDK's daily gross the rest of the way to reach $500m.

I think it can do that. Should be even today, and at 85% of TDK Wed and Thu, which evens out the week. Long as Friday can muster even a 50% increase, which from 2.5m shouldn't be too much to ask, Dory can even out enough after the rough drop last weekend.

Edited by parkerthegreat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lilmac said:

I don't see how they'll stop if the franchise keeps making money. I'm with you, fatigued and pushing for something innovative, but when it comes to the bottom-line; a studio like Fox needs the cash.

Fox has other franchises though. If they keep making more Ice Age films they'll bury the franchise into the ground at this rate. A sixth film would probably decrease from the fifth, even overseas. Audiences worldwide are starting to get tired.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis