abra

Monday #s Pets 11.7M | FD 2.6M | TLoT 2.5M

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

I don't care for animation but as @Spaghetti so aptly pointed out they are on crack this year. 

Will Ice Age keep it going?

And @Planodisney I apologize if I came off as condescending. It wasn't my intention. :)

Ratchet & Clank did a hard flop at the box office so not all animated films were snorting from the same line at the party this year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Is SLOP does more than 13M today...

With an almost 12M Monday and seeing how strong discount Tuesday's have become, I would say 13M is almost a guarantee. Would need horrible word of mouth to not hit that mark, that is just a 7% increase required.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quigley said:

Although we should be refrain from being overly optimistic, I think we can hope that this 59% drop is an indicator of big future drops. Minions, DM2, TS3 and IO all dropped less than that.

Lol, it's less than 59%. It's 58% and something. That is the same drop as IO (58.4%) and Minions. And it is a perfectly good number. Tuesday should hit 14-15m.

• Like 1

Disney could in theory submit The Jungle Book for best animated film at the Oscars and meet the requirement because they only require 75% of a film to be animated. I would consider The Jungle Book to be a hybrid much like The Smurfs, Alvin etc

• Like 1

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 (1) The Secret Life of Pets Universal $11,670,245 -59% 4,370 $2,671   $116,023,150 4
- (4) Mike and Dave Need Wedding … 20th Century Fox $1,790,118 -59% 2,982 $600   $18,418,288 4
- (5) The Purge: Election Year Universal $1,621,525 -56% 2,821 $575   $60,420,245 11
- (6) Independence Day: Resurgence 20th Century Fox $870,132 -62% 3,061 $284   $92,445,245 18

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

I definitely wouldn't rule out $15m today for Pets. Kids movies do crazy business on summer Tuesdays.

Going to work right now, and while my theatre isn't exactly an indicator of how well Pets will do in general (Tuesday's are the busiest day of the week by FAR) so if I say Pets is heading towards 40M Tuesday here, that won't mean 40M Tuesday, but just a good Tuesday increase in general.

Ill give an update in a few hours :)

Just now, DAJK said:

Going to work right now, and while my theatre isn't exactly an indicator of how well Pets will do in general (Tuesday's are the busiest day of the week by FAR) so if I say Pets is heading towards 40M Tuesday here, that won't mean 40M Tuesday, but just a good Tuesday increase in general.

Ill give an update in a few hours :)

Have you considered maybe developing a new baseline for your theater vs the rest of the domestic market. Your theater always seems to be drastically different for each movie.

• Like 1