abra

Monday #s Pets 11.7M | FD 2.6M | TLoT 2.5M

1 hour ago, parkerthegreat said:

I think it can do that. Should be even today, and at 85% of TDK Wed and Thu, which evens out the week. Long as Friday can muster even a 50% increase, which from 2.5m shouldn't be too much to ask, Dory can even out enough after the rough drop last weekend.

We'll see. Another big animated movie (Ice Age) comes out next weekend. Between Ghostbusters and Pets, it will have lost all PLF screens after this weekend. I think it's certainly possible but will be difficult to reach $500m. Needs to stabilize soon. 

Edited by redfirebird2008

9 hours ago, grim22 said:

Have you considered maybe developing a new baseline for your theater vs the rest of the domestic market. Your theater always seems to be drastically different for each movie.

Not at this point, I keep the same baseline for each just because I like to see which type of movies over/under perform in our market. I also take into account that more kids tickets are sold for family movies, as well as that tickets are cheaper on Tuesday's.

Tuesdays will always just be weirdly skewered, because of how crazy busy they are.

For you other theater employees out there, how do you guys calculate how much a movie made relative to the rest of the country? Do you simply just take the movie's gross at your theater and multiply by the number of theaters its playing in? 

If Dory slows down to $490M, maybe it is possible to push it past $500M.

But if it drops badly in the next few weeks especially with the release  of Ice Age Collision,

no amount of pushing will get it over the 500 hill.

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

Some really nice increases for Tuesday.  Pets is over $130m domestic total already.  

Great jumps were expected since the harder than usual Monday drops. Any number pleease? Pets Monday is over 14m for sure

1 hour ago, Rth said:

Anything for You James :P , more likely closer to the lower end while FTF closer to higher end

SLOP be about 15

You are awesome!B)

1 hour ago, bladels said:

Dory? :ph34r:

FTF means Fuck that fish. So Dory around 13.4-13.5m.

13 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Fox has other franchises though. If they keep making more Ice Age films they'll bury the franchise into the ground at this rate. A sixth film would probably decrease from the fifth, even overseas. Audiences worldwide are starting to get tired.

Isn't that the modus operandi of studios? To milk every dollar out of successful franchises (see Pirates of the Caribbean). They should give it a rest but I don't think they will. 

7 hours ago, lilmac said:

Isn't that the modus operandi of studios? To milk every dollar out of successful franchises (see Pirates of the Caribbean). They should give it a rest but I don't think they will. 

Yes, but doing it for so long eventually leads the franchise to becoming a sorta parody of itself, and not being as successful. This happens to a lot of horror franchises that go on for so long for example. It's not good.