abra

Monday #s Pets 11.7M | FD 2.6M | TLoT 2.5M

I must say Secret Life surprised me. Alot of you called it correctly ($80M+). I was underwhelmed by the ad campaign as compared to Zootopia and Finding Dory. 

Chris Renaud, the director, has struck gold again. Can't wait for DM3

4 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Well, yeah, that's just shocking. But, I never thought a movie like SLOP had a real chance of grossing more than Zootopia. And, honestly, I don't expect it to either. But, man oh man, what a year for mainstream animation with Zootopia, Jungle Book, Dory and now SLOP.

Did you think that about Pets before Zootopia had its run? Because before they both opened, I don't know which one would have been favored.

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Wait wait wait there's an Ice Age movie coming out? 

It'll probably be profitable off of overseas receipts alone. 

2002 - $206.9m

2006 - $465.6m

2009 - $690.1m

2012 - $715.9m

8 minutes ago, lilmac said:

It'll probably be profitable off of overseas receipts alone. 

2002 - $206.9m

2006 - $465.6m

2009 - $690.1m

2012 - $715.9m

It's not keeping pace with IA3 and IA4 at all

Though breaking even, profitability will not be an issue imo. But I don't think there will be IA6.

Edited by a2knet

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Though breaking even, profitability will not be an issue imo. But I don't think there will be IA6.

I think that's a good thing. The IA franchise has gone on long enough at this point.

6 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

lol at ID4 already being under $1m weekdays

It was expected, however quote funny that it went under $1M weekdays the same day The Shallows did. But this Monday as stated before looks to be a harsh drop for movies across the board. 

Interestingly enough The BFG managed to stay afloat over the $1M weekdays. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I think that's a good thing. The IA franchise has gone on long enough at this point.

I still think Fox will do a sixth film. I want one where they reunite with the child from the first film.

- (7) Central Intelligence Warner Bros. $945,003 -58% 2,841 $333   $109,176,727 25
- (6) Independence Day: Resurgence 20th Century Fox $870,132 -62% 3,061 $284   $92,445,245 18
- (9) The Shallows Sony Pictures $665,629 -51% 2,406 $277   $46,495,253 18
- (11) The Conjuring 2: The Enfiel… Warner Bros. $242,817 -50% 1,052 $231   $99,582,954 32

CI, IDR and The Shallows all fall under $1M for their weekdays coincidentally on the same day. 

2 minutes ago, James said:

Is that a good number for Dory? It certainly doesn't look like it.

I don't know how to judge these monday numbers because it seems the drops were pretty harsh across the board. Even CI which was holding very very well drop 58%. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James said:

Is that a good number for Dory? It certainly doesn't look like it.

That's a good number cause Sunday was strong, even higher than TS3 despite a slightly smaller weekend.

TS3 did 5.59m on Sunday in a 21m weekend.

DORY did 6.25m on Sunday in a 20.8m weekend.

TS3 had a 49% drop on Monday for 2.8m and 22% jump on Tuesday.

Hopefully DORY does closer to +30% on Tuesday.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I still think Fox will do a sixth film. I want one where they reunite with the child from the first film.

Wouldn't surprise me, but I doubt if they made a sixth one they'd have the child from the first one in it. The directors of the current Ice Age movies seem to have completely forgotten that humans exist in The Ice-Age World.

• Like 1