abra

Tuesday #s Pets be about 15.1M | FD 3.6M

With 3.2m, TARZAN will be at 87.5m.

-28% on Wed will give 2.8m; 90.3m cume

-10% on Thu will give 2.5m; 92.8m cume

Just 7.2m from 100m. 

If it falls 44% for 11.7m in the 3rd weekend, will reach 104.5m, on track to cross 125m.

Could hold better though.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Just 7.2m from 100m. 

If it falls 44% for 11.7m in the 3rd weekend, will reach 104.5m, on track to cross 125m.

When taking out that Independence Day boost it got on it's first Sunday, it's second weekend drop was actually on par with TJB. I am expecting a way stronger hold than 44%. Something like 35%.

Good Tuesday's.  Still can't make any determination on Pets run.  First test will be Wednesday and Thursday numbers.  IO had a 28% Wednesday drop followed by a small Thursday bump.

Minions had a 30% Wednesday drop followed by a 17% Thursday drop.

2nd test will be this weekend.  IO had -35% drop while Minions had 

a 53% drop.  

This movie could do ANYTHING at this point.  There is nothing to show it is going to finish over Minions total as it has finished lower than Minions every single day so far and nothing to prove it's going to finish under IO as it has finished above IO every single day so far.

At this point there isnt even anything to show it won't make a run at 400.  

However, matching IO's 2nd and 3rd weeks will be almost impossible.

It needs a 50% drop to match IO's 2nd weekend of 52 but IO's 2nd and 3rd week dailies were INSANE. Drops in the low 30's and mid to upper 20's every day.

Edited by Planodisney

38 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Just SLOP and Tarzan? No Dory number yet?

Awesome number for SLOP by the way. It'll easily gross $300M+ and, honestly, likely $325M+ will relative ease as well.

It just needs 2.88x multi to do 300m. Minions did 2.90x. It should go above the Minions multi.

Edited by a2knet

42 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Just SLOP and Tarzan? No Dory number yet?

Awesome number for SLOP by the way. It'll easily gross $300M+ and, honestly, likely $325M+ will relative ease as well.

look at the OP. Rth says,

"...while FTF closer to higher end..."

where 'higher end'  = 3.5m

and 'FTF' = fuck the fish

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

Just 7.2m from 100m. 

With Dory and Pets being solidified hits the only weekday numbers of any excitement I have are for Tarzan.

A really fun film that deserves all the attention it can get. The critics really missed the call on that, glad to see it's audience score at RT is at 70%

6 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

With Dory and Pets being solidified hits the only weekday numbers of any excitement I have are for Tarzan.

A really fun film that deserves all the attention it can get. The critics really missed the call on that, glad to see it's audience score at RT is at 70%

Haven't watched it but glad you like it. I was rooting for the film always. I like Waltz, Robbie, Jackson and like Yates/WB combo because of Potter.

Rooting for 130m+ dom.

Is a sequel to LOT feasible?

Probably not cause because the budget would end up going above 200m and this one is doing well but still has ways to go to break even.

31 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Is a sequel to LOT feasible?

Probably not cause because the budget would end up going above 200m and this one is doing well but still has ways to go to break even.

It boggles my mind that LoT cost $180m WITHOUT any rumors of a troubled production or costly reshoots. I realize that tentpoles typically cost upwards of 150m nowadays but this doesn't even seem all that heavily effect's driven. Sure there are CGI gorillas and lush landscapes but Rise of the Planet of the Apes, for example, cost under $100m to produce, and the extremely effects heavy sequel still doesn't match the budget for this at $170m. I'm just curious if anyone has any insights as to what could have ballooned the budget on this one so greatly. 

Full Disclosure: I haven't seen LoT yet so I'm basing my above bewilderment on the clips and trailers I've seen. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, harry713 said:

It boggles my mind that LoT cost $180m WITHOUT any rumors of a troubled production or costly reshoots. I realize that tentpoles typically cost upwards of 150m nowadays but this doesn't even seem all that heavily effect's driven. Sure there are CGI gorillas and lush landscapes but Rise of the Planet of the Apes, for example, cost under $100m to produce, and the extremely effects heavy sequel still doesn't match the budget for this at $170m. I'm just curious if anyone has any insights as to what could have ballooned the budget on this one so greatly. 

Full Disclosure: I haven't seen LoT yet so I'm basing my above bewilderment on the clips and trailers I've seen. 

So seems like LoT was in production for a while and was shut down in 2013 due to budget concerns http://deadline.com/2013/04/tarzan-dying-on-the-vine-at-warner-bros-472081/

• Like 1