MinaTakla

Wednesday numbers Pets 6.3, GB 4.25, FTF 1.6 The V 1.37

Damn, Fox wasn't able to get 8 more theaters for Ice Age. That PTA might not be pretty :jeb!:  Big drops for Dory, Purge, Mike, IDR, and BFG; Tarzan's drop is a little better but Star Trek will eat into older audiences.

59 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I wonder if Star Trek previews will hurt Ghostbusters. I seriously doubt it though, even if they were bigger than the 5-6M I'm predicting.

I wouldn't have thought so, but the film is supposed to be much better than most were expecting.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Man, this week and next week are gonna be brutal in terms of theater drops. Probably the week after too with the looming monster that is Suicide Squad.

Suicide Squad is going to command at least 4 screens at any theater with 12+ screens and can probably get up to 6 at bigger theaters.

With that Wednesday number, there is a good chance that Ghostbusters falls behind "The Heat" by the time we get actuals on Monday.

Wonder which route Sony goes next with Ghostbusters. They have 3 options - the first is the direct sequel to this movie.

The second is 

and the 3rd is

Will be interesting to see for sure. The GB numbers have been in that decent but not great range since previews. Guess OS will contribute a lot to Sony's decision.

I am already at peace with no sequel for GB16.

I got one awesome film at least, and that´s ok.

I will always wonder about what could have been with these characters, but, hey, I can always re-watch the film on DVD.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Ice Age: The Last One

Sadly it flat out doesn't matter what it makes DOM, it'll more than make profit WW.

We did see some major drops from IA4 in several OS, but still enough to make a lot of money. Definitely see at least an IA6.

1 minute ago, xequalsy said:

Sadly it flat out doesn't matter what it makes DOM, it'll more than make profit WW.

We did see some major drops from IA4 in several OS, but still enough to make a lot of money. Definitely see at least an IA6.

It's actually not that hot around the world.

If it really only makes $20m on its opening weekend, it's over for good.